Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I have a 2005 Grand Caravan with 190,000km on the clock. It used to be intermittent but has now progressed to all the time. When you start the vehicle the oil light bulb check doesn't go out. If you shut it off and re-start it goes out. I haven't put a gauge on it but I don't believe there's an oil pressure issue. The engine runs quiet without any knocks or ticks other than the usual injector noise, and it's been doing this oil light thing a long time. It has the base dash without the tach.
I've attempted those self check procedure but I must be doing it wrong as they don't seem to work for me.
Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
36,920 Posts
Oil pressure sending units can fail, become intermittent or read lower with age. That would be an easy and inexepensive fix if that's the case.

·
Super Moderator
21,357 Posts
Chrysler TSB (technical service bulletin) 08-052-05A may apply to your situation. It describes a poor ground condition through the oil filter adaptor that can illuminate the oil pressure warning light and set PCM fault P0522.
The fix is to replace the top left oil filter adaptor bolt with P/N 06101793. It is a plated bolt for better conductivity to the iron block.
However it could still be a failing oil pressure sender.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Very often this type of problem can be solved by unscrewing the sender or a bolt a turn or two, not all the way out.

This cleans the threads and restores the ground path.Al

Also check the sender for signs of fresh oil, in which case it needs to be replaced. Not a very hard job if access is reasonable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts