Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Sebring Hardtop is in the bodyshop. They call me Friday to tell me it was done. (long story short it wasn't and I refused the car). Monday morning I go in for answers, they all of a sudden tell me that the bumper cover is on national back order. They also lied saying they didn't buff the car (the clearly did, when it was dirty) and started laughing at me. So are they taking me for a ride? Does anybody know about bumper covers for 2003-2005 Sebring Coupes being on "back order"?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Bumper cover for our 01 Durango, at dealer, $450.00. Identical bumper cover, excellent quality, on line, $57.00. Delivered in four days.

·
Super Moderator
36,917 Posts
Back in 1992, my mother's 1984 Ford Crown Victoria was rear ended. Those cars and the Mercury were everywhere. Despite that, they had to wait over 4 weeks to get a trunk lid for the car from Ford as it was on back order. So it's nothing new

·
Vaguely badass...
43,889 Posts
As soon as the laughing started, I would have walked right to the shop manager and demanded an apology and ask him what he's going to do about his employees lying to you and explain why any body shop worker take a buffer to a dirty car?

RockAuto only shows 2 rear bumper covers for a 2003-2005 Sebring Coupe - both reconditioned - in stock for $265ea. What that tells me is that they ARE likely on a back order status elsewhere - can't imagine there are too many folks making these things.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was the front bumper. I found them multiple places in stock. It was the shop manager who was behaving in such a way. Along with a receptionist and a sales person from their Chrysler dealership. I'm just waiting on a call back from Chrysler Top Care and Farmers. The whole car needs a repaint...

·
Vaguely badass...
43,889 Posts
Wow. How did I think it was the rear cover? Must be time to adjust my meds again.

If it was the shop manager being the knucklehead, then I would have marched into the dealership managers office. Either way, I do not put up with that kind of treatment at all.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They just opened their Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealer on June 1st.... I don't know how they got the franchise...

·
Super Moderator
36,917 Posts
Wow. How did I think it was the rear cover? Must be time to adjust my meds again.
i thought that too - must have been a subliminal mixup between "bumper cover" and "back order" that messed with me and came up with back bumper cover.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They left my far unlocked again! Im going to request the insurance company takes possession or it be moved to another shop. This isn't right...

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
The next time its unlocked move it maybe they will scratch there heads

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't have the spare keys. I left them a nasty note. Next time I'm going to Walmart for a window marker...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Warsaw Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram d/b/a Warsaw Autoplex Warsaw,IN.

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
They just opened their Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealer on June 1st.... I don't know how they got the franchise...
http://www.warsawchryslerdodgejeepram.com/index.htm

"Warsaw Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram has been servicing Warsaw and the surrounding Indiana area for many years"

??

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a new dealer. Petros GM Showplace sold out to a big dealer group, they changed their name to Warsaw Buick-GMC, they started building a Chrysler showroom right next door to the Buick-GMC. Petro's was in business forever, sometime back in the 60's? They did have a pretty good reputation until recently...

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
So the assertion on their website is really a lie, then.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Exactly. We did have a CDJ dealer until June 2009, It was Petro Brothers Chrysler sold to Sorg Dodge out of Goshen and was Sorg South from 6/07-6/09 they now are Sorg Nissan. So they can't claim anything about being in business for years...

They also own some of the dealers in Fort Wayne that make it worth the "short" drive to Warsaw :frusty:

The lady from Farmers is helping in the process, she is prompt in dealing with the shop.

Here is the kicker! They say the two times in 3 days I found my car unlocked was on get this ACCIDENT! Yeah and it woulda been an accident if somebody stole it?

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
I'd take it out of their hands as fast as I could and never go back.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have the car back. They fixed a lot of the issues with them rushing the car. The insurance ripped them about leaving it unlocked. I just gave up on pushing the buffing issue... I just wanted my darn car back! They weren't going to blend the drivers side fender into the new hood and bumper, but my dad told them that it wasn't right for them not to do that. That it would look like crap and it would be obvious that the car had been repaired (insurance says the car has to look like it did before the accident!) Also found out that the salvage "refurbished" parts they got weren't usable. They ended up ordering brand new part from Chrysler. New fender hood and headlight. Also the bumper cover too! That explains the back order. There are 2 other dealers in front of them... But the lack of communication is the frustrating part!! It would be a different story if they woulda explained this all to me before the initial "done" call... Also they don't have one of the hoses for the wiper nozzles on, and my 6G72 is gettig washed when I spray the windsheild...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts