Allpar Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
In all fairness my car should be totaled out now, the new parts put the repairs at like ~$5000 which is ~76% of the "value" of the car. (although it would cost near $8500 to find a sutable replacement...). So I'm just thankful they put it back together. I can buff the heck outta the car to get all the scratches out, it's killing me! I usually wash and Atleast spray detail my car every 10-15 days or so... I'm so anal I detailed my first rental Avenger...

·
Administrator
35,531 Posts
I admire your detailing -- even if I can't live with it myself.

My first new car that I could not afford, was dented the very first time I drove it... across the street to Rickel's to buy floor mats. [sigh]

I worried over every scratch and dent that car got, and it did collect them in the two years I had it before Chrysler bought it back -- a direct result of my servicing it at Autoland since they never seemed to be able to fix anything. After that, and the replacement, which was crashed by the body subcontractor of Chrysler or Paramus and never fixed properly -- I should have left it on the lot instead of accepting it after that -- I grew increasingly tolerant of dirt and damage. It seems like scrapes and scratches are a fact of life.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just my luck! The day the front bumper cover is supposed to be in, I get rear ended!! I think my car is invisible, or people are morans... On US 30 the guy slammed into me pushed me forward a good 6-10 feet from a dead stop.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Update: got the bumper cover in mid October. Got it put in. Car was in shop between two dealers for 2 weeks. That Fusion and Cruze made me miss my sebring. :)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts