·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P1496
P0107
P0106
P0122

Car runs fine but when ever customer picks it up and drives off it starts jumping and jerking then im getting low circuit codes

Is powertrain control module shot and if i have a used one does it have to be flashed to be able to use it in this vehicle or if i swap the pcm and computer will it work fine how does that work or could it be a bad relay and i change all the relays or a bad ground...i have plenty of tools and scanner with live data feed...and a voltage meter can some guide me through some steps to fix this i already replaced tps sensor and map but just as i figured ot wasnt them its something else causing those codes to pop up. Thank you everyone.

·
Super Moderator
32,317 Posts
  • P0106: MAP sensor voltage out of range detected at startup (probably bad sensor, possibly wiring problem)
  • P0107 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
  • P0122 Throttle Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
  • P1496 - 5 Volts not being supplied where needed
It seems clear that there is nothing wrong with these sensors, but that they are not getting 5 volts. Since both sensors use the same 5V feed, I would not expect the trouble to be the sensors themselves OR the connections at their respective plugs. The problem will be further back in the harness, either a failed 5V or, more likely, a bad connection further back, between the ECM and where the two sensors' harnesses split off.

Reactions: amclaussen

·
Super Moderator
21,699 Posts
What year PT?
Low voltage faults are usually a short-to-ground pulling the 5 volts low. I wouldn't suspect the PCM for now. Trace the 5 volt supply wiring and look for cut or pinched insulation.
Diagnose first what you can. Guessing can get expensive and frustrating.

Reactions: Bob Lincoln

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
Are you running a shop and don't have the proper diagnostic equipment? How does that work?

·
Registered
4 Posts
P1496
P0107
P0106
P0122

Car runs fine but when ever customer picks it up and drives off it starts jumping and jerking then im getting low circuit codes

Is powertrain control module shot and if i have a used one does it have to be flashed to be able to use it in this vehicle or if i swap the pcm and computer will it work fine how does that work or could it be a bad relay and i change all the relays or a bad ground...i have plenty of tools and scanner with live data feed...and a voltage meter can some guide me through some steps to fix this i already replaced tps sensor and map but just as i figured ot wasnt them its something else causing those codes to pop up. Thank you everyone.
Have you checked to see if the wiring harness is oil contaminated? The sending units on those tend to leak and I have seen several harnesses full of oil, even to the point that the PCM has been contaminated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts