Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started to look around to replace my Nissan commuter car. It usually takes me about a year to decide on what I want. Anyway, I'd like to purchase a 200 but I'm torn between making use of the incredible incentives available now or wait until this time next year for a redesigned 200. I put about 250 miles a week on the car at 90% highway. Is the added expense of the redesigned 200 with the 9 speed worth the wait, or should I take a lower payment and live with the prospect of 30mpg for the next 7 years? What would you guys do?

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,671 Posts
Go with the incentives you have today. Hard to say what the price, and incentives (if any) will be next year. Plus interest rates are bound to start inching back up by then. I'm sure the 9 speed will be more efficient than the current 6 speed, but I doubt the efficiency will be enough to eat up the savings you have in incentives.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
I'd agree with Doug - if you like the current 200, strike while the incentives are in play and enjoy it. If the new one turns out to be that much better, you could always trade up later.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
I'd agree with Doug - if you like the current 200, strike while the incentives are in play and enjoy it. If the new one turns out to be that much better, you could always trade up later.
Best option, IMHO. Most likely you'll never eat up the cost, but if you like the next one a whole lot more, then one with moderate miles on it should be able to re-sell for a fair bit of the cost of a brand new one once it's out.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I test drove a used Limited 200 a few weeks ago. The one issue it had (I think the owner abused it) was the transmission slammed pretty hard into the lower gears. The price the dealer was asking was higher than what I can get a new one for with the incentives and supplier discount. Thanks for the input guys. I've got a lot of thinking to do.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
One of the reasons I ended up going new was because of the incentives, I would have spent more on the used one I was looking at!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts