Allpar Forums banner

Cabin 'Whistle' heard above 55mph in our '05 T &C ?

1191 Views 10 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  bill
Our newest addition to the Mopar fleet has made a weird 'whistle' from day one. At above 55mph a high pitch whistle is heard. The loudness of the whistle corresponds to the engine rpm. For example, cruising at 65mph the whistle is high pitched and constant. I let off the accelerator and the tone of the whistle lowers alittle as does the loudness. I would say it is coming from the front dashboard, driver's side. But with the acoustics of the cabin it is hard to really determine. With the radio on it cannot be heard. But alittle annoying while quiet.
The van has 73K miles.
I'm thinking this is a needle in the haystack but thought maybe someone else out there has had the same issue? Thanks
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,099 Posts
Are you sure your air box doesn't have a leak? I'm talking about the one for your engine air filter. Perhaps one of the clips is broken off or missing. It sounds more engine related to me, but I'm not a mechanic.

· Registered
6,099 Posts
Maybe you've got a bearing going out on one of the pulleys. Have you tried listening it all of them with a stethoscope?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.