Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was wondering if anyone had any info of the cal gas propane powered superbird/ daytona. my grandpa used to drive one of these when he worked for cal gas. he passed away this year, and i was just trying to find out about this ride. thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
so i was wondering if anyone had any info of the cal gas propane powered superbird/ daytona. my grandpa used to drive one of these when he worked for cal gas. he passed away this year, and i was just trying to find out about this ride. thank you!

Hi,
the Cal Gas Daytona is alive and well!
It is in New Zealand having arrived from California via England. I took it to the 'States last year for the Aero Warrior re-union, drove coast to coast both ways!
It no longer has it's original engine or gearbox unfortunately and the nose and fenders have been replaced.
I stumbled upon your request whilst searching the web for articles on the car, you dont have any old photos of it do you?
Was your grandfather a salesman for the Cal-Gas corp? as I was given to understand they drove it to promote the benefits of CNG and LPG as low emission fuels.
Cheers
John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! Sorry its been awhile, im in the US Navy. Ive returned from a deployment and just moved to another state. Anyways, i just spoke to my grandma. She was very excited to hear about the daytona! She has a few pics. Im just waiting to get them from her. Anyways email me at [email protected] I would love to see your pics of the car! My grandpa was a rep for cal gas! I think everyone in the family will be happy to hear about the car!

~ cheers
Cory

1 - 3 of 3 Posts