Allpar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, my buddy Tomasz over in Poland is looking for an OEM antenna for his 2007 Caliber. He said the European antenna is too large to thread in and needs an American version. Anybody here have one for sale? I'll buy it and ship it to him, if someone has one they want to get rid of. Thanks

Reactions: Shane Estabrooks

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
If I had one I'd send to you for free, maybe an aftermarket one would work.. so many options out there.

·
Super Moderator
21,702 Posts
I got a spare mast out in the garage, but I think it went to a mid-'90's cloud car.
I measured the end stud. It is a 10-24NC (national coarse) thread. I don't know if or when they went metric?
If Tom has a tap & die set, he can measure what he has and possibly cut new threads into the mast or body he has.
I have used taps & dies in the past to change threads on antenna mast ends or nut ends to get a secure fit.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I just heard back from Tomasz last night and it turns out that he's talking about the antenna on the roof! I thought that was for satellite radio. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Would someone please delete this post? I was trying to insert a photo from Tomasz and obviously was unsuccessful.

·
Super Moderator
37,863 Posts
Well, I just heard back from Tomasz last night and it turns out that he's talking about the antenna on the roof! I thought that was for satellite radio. Am I wrong?
The roof antenna is for satellite radio and possibly GPS. The roof antenna uses cable plug (not a threaded antenna) to connect to radio wiring. So I'm nore what is meant by being unable to thread in.
There are new antennas sold on eBay, like this:

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He's actually looking for the mast on the roof. I don't recall my 08 having that, but I'm sure it did as I had the satellite radio for the two years I owned it. I still miss that Caliber. It was a great vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
37,863 Posts
He's actually looking for the mast on the roof. I don't recall my 08 having that, but I'm sure it did as I had the satellite radio for the two years I owned it. I still miss that Caliber. It was a great vehicle.
As far as I can tell, US Calibers only had the "hump" roof antenna. But overseas they may have used this setup:

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My 2008 Caliber didn't have a roof antenna. All I had was the mast antenna on the passenger side fender. The reason I remember this is because it wasn't tight and rattled. I took care of that myself as I didn't think making a 200 mile round trip to the dealership was worth it. Keep in mind that I've had 2 brain surgeries and suffer from CRS, so my previous post was more geared to my 2013 Chrysler 200 memory, I THINK.

·
Super Moderator
37,863 Posts
US Calibers got a roof antenna if they had navigation or satellite radio. There was no mast on the roof. It was only a small hump. The AM/FM bands used a conventional fender antenna with mast. It appears non-US models may have a roof mounted mast antenna like I posted earlier.

I don’t think this person is going to find what he needs shipped from the US.

·
Super Moderator
21,702 Posts
Reactions: chuzz

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for that link, IC. I just sent it to Tomasz and will wait to hear back from him.

Reactions: ImperialCrown
1 - 12 of 12 Posts