Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read at a local newstand the comparo of those three, their results for me were shocking, if you have a chance read the magazine, if not it will soon be available in the Internet.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
It raised my blood pressure by 50% :(

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Bad :( RAM was third...

·
Registered
820 Posts
They are wrong. They are called Car and Driver not Truck and Driver. I'm pretty sure I saw them on a list of Brands or Titles that will disappear in 2014. I hope they do.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Wow, what a shock, a magazine putting the Chrysler product last. Jeez, 8SPD (only one in the market), air suspension (only one in the market), stop-start technology (only one in the market), best infotainment in the industry etc. and Ram comes in last?

·
Registered
241 Posts
They said if they had got a less expensive version of the Ram it would have tied the Ford for 2nd. Their point system docked the Lone Star Ram for being too expensive. They really liked the Chevy's drivetrain and bitched about the Ram's weight. I'm sure GM has vastly improved their truck.

Got to be sure GM and Ford swung their advertising weight around.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
billfrombuckhead said:
Got to be sure GM and Ford swung their advertising weight around. Got to be sure GM and Ford swung their advertising weight around.. Got to be sure GM and Ford swung their advertising weight around.. Got to be sure GM and Ford swung their advertising weight around.. Got to be sure GM and Ford swung their advertising weight around.. Got to be sure GM and Ford swung their advertising weight around.. Got to be sure GM and Ford swung their advertising weight around.. Got to be sure GM and Ford swung their advertising weight around.. Got to be sure GM and Ford swung their advertising weight around.

·
2,570 Posts
A good friend of mine who's family bled bowties has defected to Ram. In my opinion, this is about the equivalent of hell freezing over. His main reasoning was the based on the power of the Hemi.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
drew54 said:
A good friend of mine who's family bled bowties has defected to Ram. In my opinion, this is about the equivalent of hell freezing over. His main reasoning was the based on the power of the Hemi.
My bf was the same way, until GM decided it was okay to not listen to what their customers wanted. Ram does, so he is now a Ram [this word has been banned due to its use as a pointless flame tool]y (since we don't have enough to own one)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Simply atrocious....for comparison purposes, I'm now driving a '13 Ford 150 Crew V8 as a perminant replacement for a rented 13' RAM 1500 V6, which followed an similar stint in a rented Chevy 1500 V8. I can tell you for myself and my collegues that the RAM reigns supreme...hands down. Even at a disadvantage in torque. All three were entry level trucks but only the RAM could command more....IMO.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Good grief this just nuts!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Don't knock the new GM trucks until you drive one. They're light years ahead of their POS 2007-2013 models with nice interiors and a much improved drivetrain. However, keep in mind what these magazines do, next year the F150 will be all new, and they'll rate the F150 first. Years down the road when the Ram is all new again, the Ram will rank first. It's the same game these magazines have been playing for years. The biggest thing that hurt the Ram in this test is the weight IMO with all the luxury items and the air ride. If you look at pickuptrucks.com's latest light duty shootout, they put a $45k price cap on the trucks, the Ram was only a SLT Big Horn, and it outperformed all the other trucks in everything but fuel economy, with the lowest base price. It even outperformed the Ecoboost F150 which had the max trailering package.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just keep wondering how much money Car and Driver got from GM???

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Um, not sure if some folks realize this, but Car & Driver (and Motor Trend) have been reviewing pickup trucks and SUVs for quite some time. This isn't something new and actually isn't all that odd considering that both pickup trucks and SUVs are being used as passenger cars.

Can't comment on anything else since I haven't seen or read the article yet.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mr.Source said:
I just keep wondering how much money Car and Driver got from GM???
I don't think it's that, whoever has the newest version tends to get the best review. However, in the same magazine is an article on the C7 Vette, and article on the Cruze diesel vs Jetta TDI.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
having read the article...the only real demerits against the ram were its weight and its straight line performance. had chrysler given c&d a ram with a 3.55 rear axle ratio instead of the 3.21, it probably would have done better. it was the slowest of the group because of this. however, interestingly enough it reigned supreme in acceleration if the vehicles were already moving (ie...50 to 70 mph passing times). testament i'm sure to the 8hp! :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just got through driving the 2014 Chevy Silverado Z71, the Ford F-150 Limited and am now driving the Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn. All were/are 4WD versions. No way the Ram was the worst.

The problem with C&D's testing of pickups is that they're testing them as cars. Real pickup owners don't buy them based on straight-line acceleration or how well they do on a slalom. It's how well do they do when it's time to pass an 18-wheeler on a highway with an 80-mph speed limit and how comfortable they are on back country roads, maintenance trails and construction sites where the ground has been churned by heavy equipment. The Ram was named the "Truck of Texas" by the Texas Auto Writers Association because it was a better all-round truck than the Ford or Chevy.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
IMO, if you are in the market for a pickup and decide which one you'll buy based on whatever crap C&D writes on their ragazine, you have serious issues.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts