Allpar Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Beautiful and Precise!
At the risk of hijacking the thread, THAT sentiment is exactly the point of Jeepers plight, in other threads and it is frustrating as hell.
First with Daimler and now to a lesser extent with Fiat, stop forcing things upon us that nobody asked for and give us what we come to Chrysler for.
The last sentence in your post ("..stop forcing things upon us that nobody asked for and give us what we come to Chrysler for.) could easily have beeen added to summarize my post (rant?)....

Manufacturers need to resist the temptation to prescribe product features/functions to customers with aspirations that they will be accepted. Customer product prescription via marketing strategy should not be construed as a form of product innovation. Authentic product innovation is based soundly on fulfillment of customer desires (albeit a diverse domain - so,.. test more) coupled to product/brand consistency.

We're going on more than 5 years past the bankruptcy. It's time to attenuate some of the rampant product scizophrenia that has been being broadcast as of late.

·
Registered
694 Posts
MoparNorm said:
That's a serious claim, that needs substantiation before making the light of day on Allpar. So lets be clear that it is your opinion and you have no proof of what you say.
If you have proof, then the claim should be in the form of an Allpar article.
That claim is not all that serious. GM sits down with Car & Driver's advertising department and says - we want X amount of ad space for our new truck. Car & Driver says, We want to test your truck since its brand new and will do a cover story on it. GM says, we're willing to spend $XXXX on advertising if your test comes out favorably. Otherwise, we won't renew after 3 months blah blah blah.

At the end of the day its a business, they are sway'd by money in some way shape or form. It may not be GM bribing C&D with handfuls of cash when they hand over the keys, but I can assure you they hold their weight in other ways to get what they want. Coming from the corporate world myself, I see it daily.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Ah, yes. Print payola. "Play this song more often and we'll reward you, Mr. DJ."

So do the feminine hygiene product companies pull the same story of blackmail with Cosmo and Woman's Day? :huh:

·
Registered
32 Posts
bikeluver43 said:
That claim is not all that serious. GM sits down with Car & Driver's advertising department and says - we want X amount of ad space for our new truck. Car & Driver says, We want to test your truck since its brand new and will do a cover story on it. GM says, we're willing to spend $XXXX on advertising if your test comes out favorably. Otherwise, we won't renew after 3 months blah blah blah.
That would essentially amount to collusion. That's not a serious claim? End of the day, there's absolutely no evidence or reason to believe that GM bribed C&D. I challenge anybody who believes otherwise to provide some proof. Guarantee they won't, because they're just fan-boys whose ego is bruised when their precious Ram loses in a magazine comparison piece.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
To be clear, it didn't "lose" - and that's made very clear in reading the article.

In a 3-entry comparison, the Ram came in third - only a single point behind the Ford. They were clear that if the gearing in the Ram was different and perhaps it was a standard Laramie trim rather than the leather-overload Laramie Longhorn, it likely would have placed higher.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Ah, yes. Print payola. "Play this song more often and we'll reward you, Mr. DJ."

So do the feminine hygiene product companies pull the same story of blackmail with Cosmo and Woman's Day? :huh:
Exactly. As for the second part, hmm...

cstarace said:
That would essentially amount to collusion. That's not a serious claim? End of the day, there's absolutely no evidence or reason to believe that GM bribed C&D. I challenge anybody who believes otherwise to provide some proof. Guarantee they won't, because they're just fan-boys whose ego is bruised when their precious Ram loses in a magazine comparison piece.
No one can, nor will, provide any proof unless they work for GM and/or the magazine. If you don't believe this happens on an everyday basis in ALL business, then you have your blinders on. Ever speak with a Pharmaceutical salesperson? You should.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
funny how on allpar forums when a chrysler product "wins" a comparo, it's because the product deserved to win...but when a competing product wins, the tester was paid off! can we say double standard???

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
very true...just thought allparians would be less likely to fall into such a frame of mind! :D

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
redhed said:
funny how on allpar forums when a chrysler product "wins" a comparo, it's because the product deserved to win...but when a competing product wins, the tester was paid off! can we say double standard???
Can you point to comparisons where Chrysler won, lol. I know of a couple - JGC Diesel (MT or C&D versus two other mid-size diesel SUVs) and Ram 1500 (MT TOTY). Chrysler gets hammered every time, despite company cheerleaders, lol. Dart, Viper, zero wins. I won't even get into the others.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts