Allpar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Nice overview.

Has anyone seen a picture of the back doors open as well as a picture of the rear hatch open?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
sebring96hbg said:
Interesting, that this 6' plus reviewer found the backseat ample and the other 6' plus reviewer found the back seat cramped, especially headroom.
I'd imagine torso length has a great deal to do with it?
The rear cargo space is marginal, the rear cargo space floor, doesn't look too bad, albeit short, but the slope of the rear seat and rear hatch, make that space "A" shaped and really pinch in, a large ice chest or ARB Fridge-Freezer, would consume most of that space, leaving little room for the rest of your camping gear. Imagine having that thing packed to the gills, then getting a flat... Where's my spare...

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
^ that looks really nice inside.

I see a new headlight switch.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Still looks like a nice vehicle overall...Depending on my needs, I might look into one in a few years. Don't worry Norm, I won't pretend it's a 'real' Jeep :p

Though I see why the Jeepers were so skeptical on capability now. I want to give it a chance, but I don't know...Excluding driving on big rocks and through lots of mud, they haven't shown it doing anything I haven't done in my Voyager...

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
MoparNorm said:
. Imagine having that thing packed to the gills, then getting a flat... Where's my spare...
Honda Ridgeline? I just picked up a bulk load of pea gravel or mulch and I have a flat. The Honda Ridgeline needed to come with a shovel on the front fender line the military jeeps.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Interesting, that this 6' plus reviewer found the backseat ample and the other 6' plus reviewer found the back seat cramped, especially headroom.
I'd imagine torso length has a great deal to do with it?
The rear cargo space is marginal, the rear cargo space floor, doesn't look too bad, albeit short, but the slope of the rear seat and rear hatch, make that space "A" shaped and really pinch in, a large ice chest or ARB Fridge-Freezer, would consume most of that space, leaving little room for the rest of your camping gear. Imagine having that thing packed to the gills, then getting a flat... Where's my spare...
For all that having a spare tire mounted under the vehicle has problems, so does having it inside the vehicle. I like the inside the vehicle route because the wheel stays clean, and you can usually store small items along with it.

But, like you said, if the vehicle is packed to the gills, it's not going ot be fun to have to change a tire. Never mind find a spot to put the full size tire after the spare tire is on...

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
For all that having a spare tire mounted under the vehicle has problems, so does having it inside the vehicle. I like the inside the vehicle route because the wheel stays clean, and you can usually store small items along with it.

But, like you said, if the vehicle is packed to the gills, it's not going ot be fun to have to change a tire. Never mind find a spot to put the full size tire after the spare tire is on...
Even though the media would complain I still find the spare location on the XJ to be ideal. It really doesn't hurt visibility since it is right behind your left shoulder. And it doesn't take up much room in the cargo area.
Of course with today's trend of larger wheels and wide rubber band tires (and shorter cargo space behind the rear seat) a spare isn't going to fit like that now.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
KL has a whole bunch of un-used space at the rear...

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Regarding the angle of the rear seat - note that the rear seat adjusts fore and aft, and the back of the seat can be adjusted for recline.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Imagine having that thing packed to the gills, then getting a flat... Where's my spare...
If there's anything that I've learned, it's that there's no such thing as a good spare tire placement. Period.

Either it has to be lowered from under a vehicle that's already sitting lower because of a flat (minivans, pickups) and the crank is blocked (pickups while the tailgate is down for a load), or it's sitting in the trunk visible taking trunk space (older RWD cars), or it's under the floorboard of the trunk and hard to reach while the vehicle is loaded (Stratus), or it's sitting on the side upright taking up space or getting trunk contents dirty (original Cherokee), or it's mounted on the side and obscures view and creates a wide point (various traditional Jeeps), or it's mounted to the back outside adding wind resistance and providing a point to hit in a wreck that damages the body while skipping the bumper (most SUVs with external tires).

The closest to good would be those WWII military ambulances that put into a recessed alcove on the side of the vehicle, so that they didn't stick out. and no one would go for that.

Come to think of it, when they were placed into the fenders on those long-fronted cars of the thirties and forties, that worked pretty well.

Reactions: Dave Z
1 - 14 of 14 Posts