Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 pt cruiser. The car idles fine in park and revs up normal. However if the car is in reverse or drive and give it gas the car will stall pretty much every time. Once you do get it to go it drives normal and doesn't stall while driving. Like i said if you put it in gear with your foot on the brake and give it a little gas it will stall. The motor was just installed in this car and from what i was told the spark plugs were changed, i cleaned the idle air control. Not sure what else was done to it.

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. Any fault codes? Any sputter or misfire at all? The transaxle (TCM) may also hold separate fault codes if the torque converter clutch (TCC) is acting up (applying when it shouldn't), but if it is a hydraulic issue (internal leak) it may not set a code.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Their is no check engine light. And it does have a slight hesitation upon accelerating. Other than that it seems to idle normal, the idle doesnt bounce around or isnt unsteady at all.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Did you clean the throttle body when you cleaned the IAC? You may also want to check the plugs anyway. If they're not Champions, I'd recommend you swap them. For some reason, Mopars seem to just run better on Champions. At least that's been my experience with them and I've been driving Mopars for over 40 years now.

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
Does the 'ck eng' light up at key-on (bulb check)?
A transaxle fault code may not light the 'ck eng' light and won't show up on an OBD II engine code reader. It may require a more specialized scan tool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts