1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
Interesting. With the shift in weight bias to the rear, I would hope that the conversion has AWD for traction and balanced braking (ABS).
I don't see why this couldn't be a successful RV. Some Mini-Winnie type RV's were based on RWD mini-pickups.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. With the shift in weight bias to the rear, I would hope that the conversion has AWD for traction and balanced braking (ABS).
I don't see why this couldn't be a successful RV. Some Mini-Winnie type RV's were based on RWD mini-pickups.
Winnebago also made something called a Lesharo in the 80s and early 90s that was FWD based on a Renault chassis. The Renault drivetrain was junk, so folks commonly put in a 3.3 Chrysler with the A604 (or even Buick 3.8s).

I think all that weight in the back ought to be enough ABS for me :)

·
Living in RV heaven. You think cars are bad!
1,580 Posts
My wife's Mom & Stepdad are evangelists and started out (20+ years ago) in a similar C-class build on a Toyota chassis.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Any thoughts on this one? First time I have seen anything like it. Seems like a perfectly good use for an old caravan to me. Getting ideas for my gen 3 voyager.

http://images.search...aravan+camper

That's pretty cool and I'd like to have something like that too. I'm afraid your Gen III Voyager with the 3.0 would not handle the extra weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts