Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 Plymouth Voyager Base 2.4 VIN B

Have a code P0420. So need a converter to pass inspection (I think--state of PA)

My question is how to determine which direct-fit converter is right for my car.

Magnaflow 93277
Bosal 079-3094

These 2 parts #s give conflicting info from site to site. Some say they fit, others say not. Some even say it fits a Caravan, but not a Voyager. Some say the one fits and the other doesn't. :wacko:

I started a topic in the Minivans forum:

But I thought this forum might be able to answer my question more directly.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I notice the 2 parts #s listed have a 2-piece pipe with clamp included.

Other parts have a 1-piece pipe.

My main concern, in addition to getting the right fit, is to make the least amount of work for my mechanic--he's busy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got the Bosal part number from Rock Auto.com along with a few more manufacturers. Check it out. I assume that you've done all the usual diag stuff to really make sure it's a bad cat.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

I ordered a Bosal 079-3094.

Websites indicate the Magnaflow 93277 is for 1996 and 2000 models. Kind of hard to understand, but that seems to be the consensus.

No worries, the Bosal was cheaper, and $50 off coupon at AAP, total cost $134.61

We'll see how it goes before marking problem solved. Weekend of Oct. 19th it goes in.

neongary said:
I got the Bosal part number from Rock Auto.com along with a few more manufacturers. Check it out. I assume that you've done all the usual diag stuff to really make sure it's a bad cat.
Well, no. This link offers all the clues:

http://www.easterncatalytic.com/education/tech-tips/pesky-p0420-codes/

I'll have to get it to my mechanic, so he can check things out.

Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts