Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to find an oem direct fit catalytic converter.

1998 Plymouth Voyager 2.4 SWB VIN B

My research indicated a Magnaflow 93277 would be a direct fit--meaning least amount of work--my mechanic is busy, and does this work on the side.

However, AAP disputes this, and says a Walker 56021 is an ultra direct fit.

So would like some clarity on this.

Just would like to be pointed in the right direction, or to the right search method.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So the candidates are:

Walker 56021
Magnaflow 93277
Maremont 652063

Not necessarily in that order

The Magnaflow pic seems to indicate a 2-piece pipe, with a connecting clamp.

The Magnaflow website indicates a fit for my car. An ebay listing says otherwise, but lists it for a Dodge Caravan just like my Voyager. So what gives?

·
Living in RV heaven. You think cars are bad!
1,580 Posts
I'd love to help but I've never dealt with it. You've obviously done your research. Take your best shot ^_^

·
Super Moderator
21,364 Posts
A 2-piece pipe may give you more range of pipe-to-muffler alignment and allow them to use the same cat element for the 2 different wheelbases.
I have never heard of an 'ultra' direct-fit, but as the name implies, it may be an even more 'exacting' fit for your application?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Does your '98 have the original exhaust system from front to back? When my sons 1992 Volvo need a new cat, to pass emissions, I bought a Magnaflow Direct Fit. It didn't fit exactly because the exhaust system from the cat back had been replaced prior. It did fit perfect to the header side, but didn't fit well to the muffler side but we made it work with minimal effort. Good luck. I think if your system is all original, the Direct Fit will do the job, but I don't have experience with your van.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update:

I ordered a Bosal 079-3094.

Websites indicate the Magnaflow 93277 is for 1996 and 2000 models. Kind of hard to understand, but that seems to be the consensus.

No worries, the Bosal was cheaper, and $50 off coupon at AAP, total cost $134.61

We'll see how it goes before marking problem solved. Weekend of Oct. 19th it goes in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts