Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Uconnect 5.0 RA3/Nav Radio which has Sirius Satellite, which I am using.
My question is: Chrysler/Dodge going to come out with or has a "CD Player" that will work
well with my Uconnect Radio? I have hundreds of CD's that I would still like to listen to on long
trips, but for some reason in someone's infinite wisdom, they didn't put one in the Promaster City.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I quickly browsed ALL the system and I could not find any FCA vehicle with a CD player 2016 model year. My guess is that there is only a very small market for CD players and the cost just will not justify the expense of making a player available even as a accessory. Have you considered just running a audio cord from a portable player to the aux port on the radio.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
WOW...My 2016 Caravan has the CD player. But your saying the brand new cars like the Pacifica does not have a CD player?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I stand very CORRECTED I just looked again and there are a handful of radios with the CD player. However I do know you can not switch models between
the cars anymore. But yeah I see so much going to bluetooth and cloud based the CD player is becoming obsolete fast.

·
KOG
7,094 Posts
About all we've used for years is Sirius and hard drive in the 09. The 01 has TWO CD players, one in the radio + a changer lower down. Since it doesn't have a hard drive we might play a CD sometime.

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
Since my 300C doesnt have factory satellite radio, I have listened to more CDs in the last few months in my car than I have in quite a few years,

·
KOG
7,094 Posts
It's fairly easy and inexpensive to add Sirius to anything with an FM radio. We've done that to the 92 and 02 minivans. Running the antenna lead from the rear to the front of a minivan can be a little bit of a challenge at times (a screaming PITA in the 02 which has the wiring chase down the center of the floor and requires removing all of the seats as well as carpet), but it's pretty easy in a car. Should be easy in the Promaster City

·
The "Front-Line" Perspective
3,245 Posts
I have the Uconnect 5.0 RA3/Nav Radio which has Sirius Satellite, which I am using.
My question is: Chrysler/Dodge going to come out with or has a "CD Player" that will work
well with my Uconnect Radio? I have hundreds of CD's that I would still like to listen to on long
trips, but for some reason in someone's infinite wisdom, they didn't put one in the Promaster City.
As a salesman, we hear this a lot. CDs have unfortunately gone extinct, and are currently only standard on few vehicles, (Dodge Journey off the top of my head), and are actually a $250+ option on some vehicles (Ram 1500). My advice is to (or have someone tech savvy) upload all of your CDs onto a computer, and transferred to a USB Flash Drive. Uconnect works phenomenally well with navigating stored music, all without having to worry about ejecting CDs, keeping them scratch-free etc. I can walk you through the process if you wish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts