Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ram 1500, 1979 Dodge W200, 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '79 W200. I am having issues with no spark still... I am located in Central IL. I can't seem to figure out what in the world is the problem? I will pay someone to come and diagnose it for me.

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
Why don't you first tell us what you have tried on your own? Have you tried hot wiring it and seeing if it'll start? Run a wire from the positive side of the coil to the positive post on the battery and then jump the starter solenoid on the fender. If it starts, you could possibly have a bad switch or a corrosion problem in the bulk head connector. IDK, just speculating. That's what I'd try first. BUT, I'm NOT a mechanic.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah oops... I have replaced the ignition coil, had a mechanic guy look at the distributor (said it was good), new ballast resistor, new ignition control module, and voltage regulator, as well as the starter relay switch. Spark plugs are good, and so are the wires. I heard that it could possibly be the switch in the steering column?

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
It's always a possibility. But shot gunning parts at it and hoping you find the fix can get expensive. Did you at least check the bulkhead connector? And did you try hot wiring it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure where to hotwire it? and the bulkhead connector is all clean and looks good. Sorry for the late reply...

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
Okay, the bulkhead is good. I explained how to hot wire it in post #2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts