Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

Have a couple lights out.

Centre console, heating controls has a bulb out:

Where can I source this? Dealer only?

Radio also has 1-2 lights out, took it apart and found this:

Is the only way to replace these to de-solder them at the back side and re-solder new ones in?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
21,359 Posts
What year and model?
The HVAC lamps can be found or ordered from a dealer. A bulb # may be printed on the glass and found by removing the blue rubber diffuser. The generic # may even be part of the Chrysler part #.
The soldered-in lamps wouldn't be serviced at the dealer level, but may have a generic part # printed on the bulb glass.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't get the light out of the base. Don't know if it's supposed to be like that or if it's just "welded" in there from being there for so long.

·
Super Moderator
21,359 Posts
It may be glued. If it shatters, you may be able to dig it out and try a 74 bulb. Or take one to a dealer and compare it with a L000PC74 lamp.
I usually replace all of the lamps while it is apart for uniform brightness. Also by disturbing the assembly, good lamps may soon blow.

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
On the heater controls - those are "grain of wheat" bulbs - you need to unwrap the leads from the base to pull them out. They are likely 5mm 12V bulbs - you can get them off eBay. Try not to destroy the blue filter getting it off the bulb, but sometimes that's unavoidable.

On the radio... those are SMD bulbs. Very tricky to solder around... you need an iron with a fine tip on it. Those would be the 3mm 12V variety of the others. Again, you will have to re-use the old base and remove them from the bulbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
had a similar problem. Instrument cluster lights are the same. Dealer said there were no replacements and that they didnt make them anymore (for 2006????) and this was in 2010...went to the junk yard, found them in every one of the Chrysler minivans back to 1992...took as many as I could find....also, found a online vendor that sells LED bulbs built to fit....costly ($1.79-3.29 per bulb) but guaranteed 10,000 hours.....thought about ordering them because as soon as I replaced mine with the junk yard ones and put it back together some others blew just from being jostled around....and there is no way to get that cluster out WITHOUT jostling them around.......the web vendor was superbrightled.com or something similar.....hope this helps....

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
You will need to remove the blue cover over the bulbs. In the radio they are 3mm grain of wheat bulbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts