Allpar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Those of us here at Allpar who follow the Global Automotive Industry with great interest are probably not the best at knowing what the "average / typical" person might be thinking about the industry in general, and Ma Stella in particular.

I think this video probably does as good a job as any at giving a general idea of what "John Q. Public" thinks and feels:

Stellantis CES Electric Car News Live Reaction - Join Us! 1pm EST 1/5/22 - YouTube
And...Perhaps tomorrow's webcast featuring Mr. Tavares can help ease the mind of the above video content provider.;)

·
Registered
315 Posts
This probably belongs in the other thread but it’s locked

Chrysler Will Introduce EV SUVs, Minivan

“Speaking to MotorTrend from the 2022 CES show, brand CEO Chris Feuell outlined several new products coming in the next six years”

“The Airflow Concept itself will not go into production, and Feuell wasn't ready to commit to using the Airflow name, either”

“Whatever it's called, it'll be built on the STLA Large electric vehicle platform Stellantis is developing. In fact, Feuell said all of Chrysler's upcoming products will be built on STLA Large”

“More SUVs Coming By 2028
After the Airflow-like production car gets on the road, it'll be followed-up by "one or two" more electric SUVs. Feuell wouldn't go into detail, but knowing the platform gives us some clues.”

“The Minivan Will Evolve.”

“It will not, however, be just an electrified Pacifica. Feuell wants to see a "fresh perspective" on what a minivan, or the less-stigmatized "multi-purpose vehicle" in her words, can be. While she appreciates the value in Chrysler's reputation as the family brand, she'd like to expand the tent to more than families with young children. She wants a vehicle that works for and appeals to any type of family you're a part of, not just the outdated "soccer mom" stereotype.”

·
Registered
271 Posts
Is this the new 300?

Tire Vehicle Hood Car Automotive tire

Reactions: Chebby7

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
That pic is from EV Day back in July. We don't have any idea if the actual production version will look like that, but they're definitely insinuating it.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Seems like every garden party...(or...in this case...CES)...has to have at least one skunk......right?
Just when our sense of optimism for Chrysler brand was being encouraged......

Along come these croakings of doom from "Tokyo Rose"...OOPS!...I mean "Melbourne Sam":

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
That video was full of fluff (over focusing on the Airflow name, anti "legacy auto" commentary) and semi-reasonable skepticism honestly. Bottom line is he wants more details out of Stellantis about their EVs. I think we'll get details on battery packs and such in the time frame between now and the car's debut.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
That video was full of fluff (over focusing on the Airflow name, anti "legacy auto" commentary) and semi-reasonable skepticism honestly. Bottom line is he wants more details out of Stellantis about their EVs. I think we'll get details on battery packs and such in the time frame between now and the car's debut.
In the roughly one year since the "Marriage" was consummated, the one thing I have noticed that is definitely different from the former FCA is that this bunch seems much more likely to keep their "poker hand" close to the chest, as opposed to spilling your guts at the drop of a hat...or FCA's case...(cappello).

This new bunch I like much better!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts