Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 years ago was one of the biggest autoshow seasons in Chrysler's history with the 16 new/refreshed models, and that year they told us that this year's autoshow season would also be huge (due to harvesting the benefits of the Fiat partnership). LA has come and gone, and all we have are couple of awkard Fiats as new vehicles and a few interesting new lines of existing products. Does anyone know the plans for unveils at Detroit this year? What about Chicago and New York?

I think it's safe to say the 200 will be there, but we also have the Jeep [Liberkee], Dart SRT-4, refreshed Grand Cherokee and Durango, Challenger/Barracuda rumors, maybe another Dodge vehicle...the list goes on. Hek! Can I get an exciting concept like the good old days, too?? Maybe a preview of a styling direction for the next gen vans, Challenger replacement, Avenger, Ram lifestyle pickup, 100, a preview of a future technology... I think it's safe to say there's plenty of potential for a huge year for Chrysler. So, what is actually coming up soon?

·
Administrator
35,248 Posts
"all we have are couple of awkard Fiats as new vehicles"

500L is a pretty big deal... 500e should help consumer perceptions... 500C Abarth, okay ;) we knew that was coming.

Charger Daytona and T&C S... the former is a cool beans. The latter, maybe.

Yes, I agree on the 200. I don't think they will do the rest you mention. I would guess "maybe" a new-Challenger concept (LA is coming); and some option packages. Something to show off UConnect 2, perhaps, too. Maybe the HD Rams.

Dart SRT-4 -- no, I sincerely doubt that. Dart R/T, maybe.

New York should get the 2014 Grand Cherokee "maybe," the Liberkee if it's close enough but I doubt it. Chicago might be Liberkee. New Rams, I don't know -- Texas? Did they already show 'em?

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Any word on the 6.2 SC HEMI? Will it show up in a Challenger in Detroit?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just for the record Dave, I'm all about the Daytona and I appreciate Fiat's expanded line..my only thing is these vehicles are fairly underwhelming when compared to the potential of vehicles shown for the rest of the year. At least, I hope they have a lot coming this year...

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
dodge_er3 said:
Just for the record Dave, I'm all about the Daytona and I appreciate Fiat's expanded line..my only thing is these vehicles are fairly underwhelming when compared to the potential of vehicles shown for the rest of the year. At least, I hope they have a lot coming this year...
The LA auto show has never been a huge deal for Chrysler. Since 2010, however, it has been the show for Fiat debuts.

Having the three Fiats debut was expected and exciting for the people who like them and it was a big deal for the people who don't have to insult people with dismissive labels. The California market is the largest green car market and it is a CARB that has forced the production of these vehicles anyway.

LA wasn't a snoozer. They debuted a car they had to debut and two other models that strengthen the line up of the brand.

Mike

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
isn't the 2014 JGC going into production in january?? if that's the case, would think it'd debut at NAIAS??

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
New York should get the 2014 Grand Cherokee
?? By NY customers will be driving the GC, I would expect to see it in Detroit. Maybe GC CRD for NY since it launches around that time.
DaveAdmin said:
"maybe," the Liberkee if it's close enough but I doubt it. Chicago might be Liberkee.
Just a guess here, but maybe Cherokee for NY since it launches in May. I wouldn't be surprised to see it earlier but then that may not leave anything "major" for NY.

"Refreshed" Compass/Patriot - Detroit??
6.4L Ram Hd - Chicago??
6.2L - summer launch, reveal at ????
LA concept, maybe not since almost a couple years away

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
oh2o said:
?? By NY customers will be driving the GC, I would expect to see it in Detroit. Maybe GC CRD for NY since it launches around that time.

Just a guess here, but maybe Cherokee for NY since it launches in May. I wouldn't be surprised to see it earlier but then that may not leave anything "major" for NY.

"Refreshed" Compass/Patriot - Detroit??
6.4L Ram Hd - Chicago??
6.2L - summer launch, reveal at ????
LA concept, maybe not since almost a couple years away
NY maybes...

Ram 1500 Diesel?
Dart SRT?

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Dart SRT?
Isn't Detroit typically used for Ram?

They might hold the SRT Dart a while as they have not had an unveil of the Dart R/T yet! They could do that in NY!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
They might hold the SRT Dart a while as they have not had an unveil of the Dart R/T yet!
Huh? I thought they showed the Dart R/T at Detroit last year, but production has just been delayed. The R/T is already listed on the Dodge website.

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
The 2014 GC launches last week of January, domestic CRD last week of March. 2013 model year order banks were closed earlier this month, which in and of itself is 100% proof that the new model year is launching soon.The 2014 GC launches last week of January, domestic CRD last week of March. 2013 model year order banks were closed earlier this month, which in and of itself is 100% proof that the new model year is launching soon.

Something get changed on the forums? Cannot post via Firefox, had to log into to IE. In Firefox get error that "Post is empty".

Fonts are weird too...

Each time I add a reply font is different.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
oh2o said:
The 2014 GC launches last week of January, domestic CRD last week of March. 2013 model year order banks were closed earlier this month, which in and of itself is 100% proof that the new model year is launching soon.The 2014 GC launches last week of January, domestic CRD last week of March. 2013 model year order banks were closed earlier this month, which in and of itself is 100% proof that the new model year is launching soon.

Something get changed on the forums? Cannot post via Firefox, had to log into to IE. In Firefox get error that "Post is empty".

Fonts are weird too...

Each time I add a reply font is different.
You have to clear your browser cashe, I was having the same issues, until I cleared the cashe, then all was well :)

·
10,394 Posts
Domestics have reserved Detroit for their big launches and Chrysler is no exception.

LA Show is more about launches by the Asians, by key luxury European brands and, these days, about alternative powertrains.

Case in point: last year Honda introduced the new CR-V in Los Angeles; this year it launched the "emergency" Civic redesign; Toyota launched its all-new RAV4 and Hyundai its new Santa Fe 7-passenger. FIAT choosing to introduce the 500e and L in LA seems more appropriate than in Detroit.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I suppose if you're not savvy to the Allpar News & Rumors forum, these shows would be a bigger deal. But there are no suprises for anybody here..it's like we get to peek at all the gifts before they're wrapped.

·
Registered
681 Posts
patfromigh said:
I've worked several NTEA's for Chrysler, only medium duty cab chassis models or work minivans are shown there for the up fitters. the work truck show rotates venue between Indy, Vegas and Orlando.
Chicago is where the light duty trucks (1500, 2500 & 3500) are introduced.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Technically the heavy duty Ram already debuted in Texas.

1 - 20 of 404 Posts