Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
23,878 Posts
The owner's manual gives a recommended trailer weight of 1000 lbs with a 100 lb tongue weight. I would call a trailer rental/hitch installer business and ask if they have any suggestions, but I doubt that anything can be changed safely to make this car work.
Even if you can fit 500 lbs in the trunk and back seat, it will fall far below what you need. Do you have another vehicle to use?

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
23,878 Posts
I had a short window B-van that I used for travel. I could live, eat and sleep in it. I applied the one-way glass film for privacy. I enjoyed camping out in it. I know that the last ones were 10 years ago and they are getting long in the tooth. Something like a man-cave B-van in good condition may fit your needs, if a V6, LWB minivan is out of the question. Heavy-duty cooling and good transmission health is a must.
A '74 Ramcharger sounds old and would be more thirsty than a van on a trip. Look it over for your needs. You may not need 4WD in a tow vehicle. It might need some work. You don't want to buy a 'roach' for a long, highly mechanically-demanding trip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.