Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Truth About Cars has a very positive review of the Challenger this morning, balanced and fair, which is surprising for them! They compare the car closely to the BMW 6 Series coupe as opposed to the Camaro and Mustang. Interesting read.
 

·
Say no to kool-aid
Joined
·
3,922 Posts
Seems like a fair assessment. I will say, the Challenger would definitely benefit from some upgrades.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
bumonbox said:
Seems like a fair assessment. I will say, the Challenger would definitely benefit from some upgrades.
Agree, I don't know why the Challenger was left out of an interior fresh-up when all the other Chrysler did. (Anyone inside Chrysler fill me in.)
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
Jose Santos said:
Agree, I don't know why the Challenger was left out of an interior fresh-up when all the other Chrysler did. (Anyone inside Chrysler fill me in.)
It's coming... Changing over the entire electrical system two and a half years into the production run wasn't the most cost effective thing to do.

Additionally, a lot of little things were updated inside the Challengers in 2011 that most people don't realize. It's all in the details.

Mike
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,813 Posts
It's coming... Changing over the entire electrical system two and a half years into the production run wasn't the most cost effective thing to do.

Additionally, a lot of little things were updated inside the Challengers in 2011 that most people don't realize. It's all in the details.

Mike
Indeed, the 11's were a BIG upgrade over the 10s. Drive a 10 and 11 back to back and the differences are immediately apparent and pretty astonishing actually...
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,394 Posts
I use my 2012 392 as a daily driver; it puts a smile on my face before I get into the office.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MoparNorm

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
JRS200x said:
Indeed, the 11's were a BIG upgrade over the 10s. Drive a 10 and 11 back to back and the differences are immediately apparent and pretty astonishing actually...
Yup, so many items were changed!!! Most people assume it has been the same since 2008 and that is far from true.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
Does anyone know if they ever plan to put the 8.4" in the Challenger?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,394 Posts
Mike V. said:
Yup, so many items were changed!!! Most people assume it has been the same since 2008 and that is far from true.

Mike
Yup, the Daimler-era over-sized steering wheel with those tacky plastic inserts is finally gone; in addition to the new motor, the suspension angles are tweaked and the dual mode is are new for much improved handling; front and rear spoiler are bigger; now there's stitching on the door armrest and the door pulls are padded. Nevertheless, the quality and craftsmanship of the new Charger and 300 is far superior.
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
Aldo said:
Yup, the Daimler-era over-sized steering wheel with those tacky plastic inserts is finally gone; in addition to the new motor, the suspension angles are tweaked and the dual mode is are new for much improved handling; front and rear spoiler are bigger; now there's stitching on the door armrest and the door pulls are padded. Nevertheless, the quality and craftsmanship of the new Charger and 300 is far superior.
I agree with you in everything except the rear spoiler.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
In addition to the interior upgrades, the difference in feel of the 2011 Challengers is supposed to be similar to how much better the 2011+ 300/Charger feels as compared to the 2005-2010.
I've driven the new 300s and Chargers and can report they feel much lighter on their feet, smoother, and just better than my 05 Magnum. I've driven a few 09/10 Challengers and they felt better than my Magnum but not as smooth as the new 300/Chargers. If the 2011 Challengers feel like the updated LX cars, I can understand completely why sales have increased. They would be almost be everything you could ever want in a cruiser coupe in terms of feel.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,394 Posts

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,394 Posts
Mike V. said:
News to me. I'll check today but I don't think that is true.

Mike
I remember seeing side-by-side photos somewhere where you could see the pre-392 rear spoiler were about 1/4-inch lower...
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
Aldo said:
I remember seeing side-by-side photos somewhere where you could see the pre-392 rear spoiler were about 1/4-inch lower...
As I said, I'll verify that today. That's interesting.

Mike
 

·
Plymouth Makes It
Joined
·
8,104 Posts
Always thought the Challenger should be compared to BMW 6, much closer in dimensions than the pony cars, Would be nice to see side by side performance numbers. Pretty sure a BMW would have an advantage but knowing by how much would be interesting.

Getting my house ready for sale and I can tell you that with the rear pass through you can be surprised what you can tote home in these things, Today it was a 32X48 medicine cabinet!, you need one of these when your over 60. :D
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top