1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
The effected cars had wire looms that were attempted to be repaired by plant workers...shouldn't the supplier have been called instead and replaced those wire looms???
Or did the supplier suggest the on the spot repair, to keep production running?

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
marlon_jbt said:
Norm, that's a loaded situation... I can't even get into the reasons why...
The claims from total quality management is that workers* have the ability
To contact the suppliers directly and resolve problems like this.
It sounds like the wheels came off of the process in this case, likely through human error.

* shift supervisors

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Wow! Interesting that the workers would willy nilly be repairing 2500 cars without the supplier or engineering being involved. Does a repair method on 2500 cars not have to be approved by anyone? :huh:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
interesting that it only affects the Challenger and not the other LX cars.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Jackratchett said:
Wow! Interesting that the workers would willy nilly be repairing 2500 cars without the supplier or engineering being involved. Does a repair method on 2500 cars not have to be approved by anyone? :huh:
It certainly does, nothing more to say about that. :censored:

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Yikes...

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Jackratchett said:
I think it's now safe to say that someone/something, went out of bounds at the plant in a misguided attempt to keep the line rolling.
Sometimes we think we are doing the right thing, and it turns out to be the exact opposite of right.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Am told by my local dealer that it's the positive battery cable assembly ..... thank goodness it wasn't one of the c.p.u. harnesses or something like that..... now it MIGHT make sense to some why the part was used(not making excuses for bad decisions)..... again, maybe if you think in terms of how "mechanics" think..... it was/is still a risk but no one knows what was discussed or what took place. Again, am not taking sides just pointing out that until the facts are released(if there are) no one knows why or exactly what took place. Am sure the "decision-process" by the assembly line folks will be handled discussed with them and the vendor issue addressed. Mine will be at the dealer later this week to get fixed. Best wishes all!

More research; this was received: "Engine starter battery positive terminal"..... either it's the starter's positive battery post/connection point or the positive side of the harness that attaches to the starter itself?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
redhed said:
interesting that it only affects the Challenger and not the other LX cars.
2011 refresh LX, LD received new harnesses. Challenger will mov over after refresh.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Well.. kudo's to Chrysler for this VERY quick attn to rectify the problem and getting the word/recall out.

*face palm* to the clown who fixed it..until it was broken....

·
Registered
130 Posts
plant workers only do what the bosses tell us to do so dont blame the worker
MoparNorm said:
The effected cars had wire looms that were attempted to be repaired by plant workers...shouldn't the supplier have been called instead and replaced those wire looms???
Or did the supplier suggest the on the spot repair, to keep production running?

·
Registered
435 Posts
joewho said:
While I agree that this was likely a fix suggested by Chrysler/Supplier, to assume that the plant workers always follow approved protocols is rediculous.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
joewho said:
I don't think you should call plant workers mindless idiots. Most I have met are quite intelligent.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
JoshMHam said:
While I agree that this was likely a fix suggested by Chrysler/Supplier, to assume that the plant workers always follow approved protocols is rediculous.
No this statement like all the other "anti-union" implications that have crept up here lately is ridiculous. Hourly does what it's told as it's told, management makes the decisions on any "issues" that arise, period. ("fixes" are not "suggested" to hourly, they are ordered to hourly, again period)

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
LXbuilder said:
No this statement like all the other "anti-union" implications that have crept up here lately is ridiculous. Hourly does what it's told as it's told, management makes the decisions on any "issues" that arise, period. ("fixes" are not "suggested" to hourly, they are ordered to hourly, again period)
Does hourly make suggestions to management? Are any of those implemented?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts