Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
I would have to guess NYIAS. That's when the "Hellcat" 6.2SC is supposedly making its debut, along with 8-speed LX(non-challenger) SRT cars. (IIRC)
Also, NYIAS is late March, so that would follow the 90 day auto show to show room policy pretty well.

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Don't know when they will unveil it, but production starts in late July. Pretty much a carryover of the '13 model. Charger and 300 launch around the same time, but not with 8-spd Hemi's.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
oh2o said:
Don't know when they will unveil it, but production starts in late July. Pretty much a carryover of the '13 model. Charger and 300 launch around the same time, but not with 8-spd Hemi's.
Wait, huh? Charger and 300 launching with out 8 spd Hemis?

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
bumonbox said:
Wait, huh? Charger and 300 launching with out 8 spd Hemis?
Yes, which is why I was ranting about delays last week.

Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
So, am I understanding this correctly. The 2014 Challenger won't be available with the 8-Speed Automatic even with the 3.6L V-6???

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Sounds like it. And no refreshed interior until 2015? What about the 6.2L SC? Will that be available starting July?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
No wonder that they opted to again offer purple as well as other less than bland colors. There's apparently nothing new for launch and nothing significant just prior to or at the next refresh.

·
Registered
382 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
Keeping in mind the 2015 model year can start on January 1, 2014.
Buuuuut it probably won't.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hello All,
My $0.02..... am agreeing with others posts in other topic areas.... am happy Dodge is waiting to get everything right on the next Gen Challenger.... let's please be patient. The current car is a terrific ride and something to be proud to own; they turn heads no matter the color or otherwise; are VERY fun to drive; and a blast to have sitting in the driveway.

Let's be happy that Dodge IS making a next Gen Challenger and enjoy the current one.... the more they make of a certain model, the more the aftermarket companies make parts and the more "following" occurs, plus.... the more spare parts available for a longer time, etc..... there's a lot of positive things going on....

Bottom-line, enjoy "NOW" and look forward to a great future!

Thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Bummer. Was hoping the refreshed version would be out this year. I will wait. I'm ready to buy, but want a new interior with all the goodies and the 8 speed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
oh2o said:
If I understand it correctly, it won't just be a carryover. Apparently, it's considered a "refresh" but is using an entirely new platform and is practically a new car.

According to Allpar's 2014 page:
Dodge Challenger moves to its new LA platform, nearly the same size but with numerous updates to allow for production flexibility and new automatics and electronics. Chrysler considers this a “refresh,” but in many ways it’s a new car. The front and rear will be revised; the interior will be overhauled; and of course the HellCat 6.2 supercharged Hemi and eight-speed transmission will be included. The SRT 392 will be differentiated from the 6.2 by wheels, badges, and perhaps a different hood.

Original is at 2014 Model-Year Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep Cars, Trucks, and Minivans http://www.allpar.com/history/chrysler-years/C21/2014/index.html#ixzz2M1Pa0bsw

·
Registered
156 Posts
The page does say that it's been updated with news from the revised Plan, which was revealed about a month ago. Not sure how much more updated we can get...

The Five-Year Plan also indicates two refreshes for the 2014 MY. If the Challenger's refresh is not as substantial as Allpar predicts, then at least it's still a refresh and not just a carryover. If it's not the Challenger and Charger, then what else?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well late March is the last chance to show anything "new" for a 2014 model year as far as autoshows go, right?

·
Registered
27 Posts
There will not be the "New" Challenger this year, the Hellcat will also not be available in the Challenger this year. However I can say that the next gen Challenger is OUT OF THIS WORLD.

There will be some surprise buzz models this year for those who cant wait for the new one.....however, the new one is worth the wait...its beautiful Inside and Out.

Ive probably said to much already.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts