Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain the lease rates on the Charger? I am looking to get a Scat Pack ordered, and I am wondering if the lease calculator on Dodge.com is wrong, or if there are just differences in rates and/or residuals on the models.

For example, for a 2021, the lease rate is
R/T $460/month ($34866 capitalized costs after 10% down);
Scat $454/month ($39073 capitalized costs after 10% down)

I assume the Scat Widebody is the same lease rate and residual value (% of sticker) as the Scat (I am not going to work on the math to calculate the residuals, etc.) but I am curious as to why a more expensive car has a less expensive lease?

I have not decided if I am going to be buying or leasing. I'll need to order first, and I am strongly leaning towards a widebody. I wish I could test-drive one but the only dealers within an hour of me that have widebodies don't test drive "Performance cars". I test drove a non-widebody Scat Pack Challenger and I loved the power. I assume the widebody doesn't give up too much in the ride quality but of course unless I can test drive I'd not really know, and this is the main reason I'm considering a lease, in case I decide in 3 years I just don't want it.

I also can't decide on color. I have ruled out Indigo because 1) Same color as my current van, and 2) I've seen 2 Indigo widebodies locally already and the one dealer has sold at least 5 more Indigos. So if anyone wants to armchair quarterback or maybe provide sales numbers to help me know which are less popular, I am torn between Black or Granite (red interior) or Sinnamon (black interior). If Plum Crazy were still a choice it'd already be made for me.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the Scat Pack has less depreciation.
Do you know the residual of the R/T versus the Scat? And is the widebody the same as the non-widebody?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you can afford the wide body, that is the better choice
I wish I could test drive one. Only one dealer anywhere close to me (Scranton PA, a metro area of over a half-million people) has one in stock, and they "Don't do test drives on performance vehicles". There are not even any in Allentown PA. Which to me is just insane to expect someone to spend $50k+ on a car they can't even test drive. Seems fishy to me (the dealers, obviously not a Dodge policy if the other let me drive it). That's why I could only test drive a Challenger non-wide Scat, not even a Charger.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
B5 blue if avail...

Reactions: dodgeismycar

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
B5 blue if avail...
B5 and Plum Crazy were both discontinued, or Plum would be my choice. Sinnamon is the winner, mon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have red with red interior on my 2016 Scat Pack and like the colors very well. I never cared for all black interiors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts