Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ralph said in the TFL interview that the Charger design is not possible with a ICE. I think this will be a BEV only.
At about the 6:30 mark of the video, Ralph responded to the possibility of making the same car with "a big honkin' V8" in that the car would not be as sleek. He said nothing about a I6, V6 or I4 hybrid because he was not asked. At about the 1:02 mark, Ralph said that this vehicle would "replace the Charger and Challenger". At about the 6:44 mark, Ralph stated that he was given the direction to keep the production model as close to the concept as possible however at about the 7:12 mark he stated that they wanted "something our community can afford". A full carbon fiber tub would probably price the car outside that target. The side view mirrors will be quick casualties unless Federal approval of side view cameras happen before production. The Banshee will probably exist as the top end of a line of vehicles with less exotic materials being used to craft models that the Dodge customer base would find financially acceptable. Given this car is supposedly one model year away, it seems that either Dodge is keeping a whole lot of things secret or they are making this s#!t up as they go in the hopes that something viable comes out the other end.

Would it make sense to quickly craft some Dodge models based on the Peugeot 508 wagon (Magnum) and/or the 308 (Avenger/Neon/Duster)? Sure. Will it happen? Probably not.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So here's my question. If this new model won't arrive until 25 at the earliest, and sources say it's going to be sourced from Windsor. What happens to the 24 model year then?
Last Call 2 - Pre-Electric Bugaloo. Six new limited edition models designed to drain Brampton of all remaining extra parts and the consumer from their money. Look out for a GTS, Night Runner, VooDoo Edition and the like. Maybe they can cut a deal with Carroll Shelby Licensing to do both cars draped in Shelby logos.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts