Allpar Forums banner

Charger SRT Banshee Concept to be a 4 door?

7519 61
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle
Look at this image. Judging from this image you can see a clear size difference between the new Charger SRT Banshee concept and the current Challenger. To me this clearly shows that the new Charger concept will morph to a 4 door for the production vehicle.
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Paper Tag Rubicon
1,068 Posts
Not saying your wrong, but the data gathered from buyers of the Challenger are always strongly in favor of keeping it a large muscle car. I really hope Dodge listens to the people who make the Challenger profitable and not the outsiders who complain but wouldn’t buy the product even if it were exactly built to their demands.
That doesn't mean we wouldn't like it lighter. Which of course isn't easy.

·
Registered
12,156 Posts

·
Paper Tag Rubicon
1,068 Posts
I had this sent to me last night. Not sure if accuracy.
View attachment 90498
Not being seriously interested in any of the End of the Line special editions but wanting to "cross shop" the current generation against the all new Challenger. What is my window for comparing the 2023 vs the new 2024? Does my question make sense?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had this sent to me last night. Not sure if accuracy.
View attachment 90498
  1. no Durango
  2. no new Chrysler other than Airflow (didn't Feuell mention multiple crossovers coming?)
  3. no Hornet (assuming because built overseas)
  4. We do see Charger and Challenger both being present despite some peoples ideas that Challenger goes away
  5. Voyager will continue, but in what form?
Is this list not including all plant locations? Is this only showing certain platforms (STLA Large/Frame)?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
  1. no Durango
  2. no new Chrysler other than Airflow (didn't Feuell mention multiple crossovers coming?)
  3. no Hornet (assuming because built overseas)
  4. We do see Charger and Challenger both being present despite some peoples ideas that Challenger goes away
  5. Voyager will continue, but in what form?
Is this list not including all plant locations? Is this only showing certain platforms (STLA Large/Frame)?
You missed bluegoat's other post:

It was a 13 page document. That’s the only page I had sent to me so SHAP or Belvidere could be in the other ones.

·
Registered
12,156 Posts
Yup, I did miss that.. that explains the first 3 things then

Wonder if Voyager will be a cheaper Pacifica or if we will finally see differentiation/different body style
Voyager exists now. It has been used for fleet sales.

·
Super Moderator
21,059 Posts
So here's my question. If this new model won't arrive until 25 at the earliest, and sources say it's going to be sourced from Windsor. What happens to the 24 model year then?
Theoretically that could mean a long 2023 model year, no 2024 model year, and an early 2025 model year.
2023 can run until 12/31/2023. But if production of the new starts after 1/1/2024 it can be a 2025 model if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So here's my question. If this new model won't arrive until 25 at the earliest, and sources say it's going to be sourced from Windsor. What happens to the 24 model year then?
Last Call 2 - Pre-Electric Bugaloo. Six new limited edition models designed to drain Brampton of all remaining extra parts and the consumer from their money. Look out for a GTS, Night Runner, VooDoo Edition and the like. Maybe they can cut a deal with Carroll Shelby Licensing to do both cars draped in Shelby logos.

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,645 Posts
Last Call 2 - Pre-Electric Bugaloo. Six new limited edition models designed to drain Brampton of all remaining extra parts and the consumer from their money. Look out for a GTS, Night Runner, VooDoo Edition and the like. Maybe they can cut a deal with Carroll Shelby Licensing to do both cars draped in Shelby logos.
It seems now the plant is shut. Not enough parts.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Theoretically that could mean a long 2023 model year, no 2024 model year, and an early 2025 model year.
2023 can run until 12/31/2023. But if production of the new starts after 1/1/2024 it can be a 2025 model if I remember correctly.
Yes, but the delay is until 2025 calendar year not model year, the ev Charger and Challenger could even be a 26 model year. What and where will be built for 24 and 25 model years.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ralph said in the TFL interview that the Charger design is not possible with a ICE. I think this will be a BEV only.
Could we see a Charger or Challenger Classic like the Ram? I would love to see a hybrid Charger or Challenger, I really don't see myself buying a BEV and I bet there are a lot of Mopar buyers who feel the same way, the Classic exists because they didn't want to lose buyers who liked the old body style on the Ram.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts