Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995, RAM-1500, 5.9, Auto, 2WD.

Had a miss in the engine a few days back and the Code suggested injector #6 problem. I pulled the lead and nothing changed so figured it was the problem and swapped for a new pone. All good, no codes, no miss.

About 20-miles later, Check Engine popped up, then a few seconds later it went off. I got to where I was going and when I came back tot he truck I thought I'd check the Codes and did the 3-key-trick and no Check Engine light at all.

It started and ran OK so off I went. The the Check Engine started flickering, I mean about 6-tmes per second flicker not flashing. I pulled into an Auto parts store and the key-trick showed a string of codes. I got the store to scan it and they got five codes.

53 Internal PCM failure or PCM SPI comm failure
27 Injector # control circuit
42 Auto shutdown relay circuit
25 Idle air control motor circuits
34 Speed control circuit or speed control switch always low or high
It would not idle but ran with a miss for a while then came good. When I got hm and stopped to open the gate it idled just fine and no miss.

Did the key-trick again and got 6 codes, well, 4 actual diagnostic ones.
12 OK
53 Internal PCM failure or PCM SPI comm failure
32 EGR Solenoid circuit
42 Auto shutdown relay circuit
27 Injector # control circuit
55 DONE
Any thoughts on what's going wrong?

Thanks

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,795 Posts
I would suspect a loose connection somewhere - maybe at the PCM? Or a short or bare wire.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would suspect a loose connection somewhere - maybe at the PCM? Or a short or bare wire.
Thanks for the quick reply, but should have mentioned that I had checked the big connector at the PCM and also the two gray ones on the driver side. Unplugged and plugged them a few times before asking here.

I could not find an "Edit" button to change the original post, thta's why it is littered with Dyslexic-style. :).

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Try swapping the ASD relay. There should be others next to it that are exactly the same.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
What is the condition of the battery? A weak battery can cause all sorts of odd codes and behaviors. I have also encountered a failing alternator putting out an ac ripple that would reset the pcm and bcm occasionally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts