Allpar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,854 Posts
Crank windows, AM radio, 4-speed manual - what's not to want?
The problem is that 4 speed manual is in a Chevy Impala! There are several pictures of the Chevy mixed into the Duster ad.
The Duster is an automatic.

·
Virginia Gentleman
16,388 Posts
I noticed that. One shot shows a brake and accelerator for an automatic and another shows the clutch, brake and accelerator pedals. LOL!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Ebay full of '72 - '73 Challengers - - demanding a 'Kings ransom'. There'' an orange one with no bumperettes, a 318/904, black patch on hood, aftermarket style wheels and whatever stripes - - asking (equal to) $59.K. (CDN). (sigh) o_O

·
Registered
190 Posts
As my 1st "love" was really my '70 Dart Swinger, been seriously toying with selling my '69 Coronet R/T and try to find a nice '70 Swinger 340 model. Crappy ones are running like $20-25K, with decent ones asking $35-40K!!! WTF! So, then I lowered my expectations and set my sites on one with NO drivetrain, a /6, or a 318 with crappy motors, but decent bodies. Also asking a king's ransom for rusty hulks. It's nuts how '67-75 A body prices have exploded past 2-3 years.
With a 1/2-way decent body, I still have an early 360 bare block I was going to make a nice 408 stroker and drop in, but...:(

·
Registered
2021 Durango Blacktop, Scat Pack Wide Body
24 Posts
not far from me it is in the right area for a MOPAR. Ohio is MOPAR country,. I wonder how high it will go being a 318 plain jane.
Be ashamed that whoever buys it will 440 swap it ....................

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,493 Posts
And a tough time they had with emissions laws. Their cars, several of which I owned, had terrible carb issues. It really took years for them to figure it out. The best carb equiped Chrysler product I had was a new 1987 Ram 250 Van wagon. It was a loaded two tone light cream and dark brown. With the argent spoke wheels with beauty rings. The 318 with the redesigned heads and the Holley they used was great. It got decent gas mileage and the transmission shifted great.

·
Registered
122 Posts
And a tough time they had with emissions laws. Their cars, several of which I owned, had terrible carb issues. It really took years for them to figure it out. The best carb equiped Chrysler product I had was a new 1987 Ram 250 Van wagon. It was a loaded two tone light cream and dark brown. With the argent spoke wheels with beauty rings. The 318 with the redesigned heads and the Holley they used was great. It got decent gas mileage and the transmission shifted great.
I think my favourite thing about our 79 d100 was that although it ran like absolute garbage, it always at least ran.

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,493 Posts
I think my favourite thing about our 79 d100 was that although it ran like absolute garbage, it always at least ran.
I had a 79 W150. My first new vehicle. It was cold natured too. I bought a spread bore manifold and put a new Thermoquad carb on it with an automatic choke. An engineering friend that worked at Chrysler told me how to fix the lean jets in it. It was a good running 360 after that. And other then a paint flaw from the factory it was a good truck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts