Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cherokee(KL) and Grand Cherokee Diesel and a 32"tire pkg for Wranglers are supposed to be availble to order this Friday...... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Diesel KL? In US? Really?

I'd understood you guys were only getting the Tigershark and the 3.2 V6.

Can you confirm?

·
3,813 Posts
He is just saying the Cherokee itself and the Grand Cherokee DIESEL are open for ordering... not a Cherokee diesel.

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
He is just saying the Cherokee itself and the Grand Cherokee DIESEL are open for ordering... not a Cherokee diesel.
Question for the dealers (and I'm not bashing the KL here :) ), was there as much name confusion between the XJ Cherokee and the Grand Cherokee as there seems to be now? How about between the Grand Caravan and Carvan?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GasAxe said:
Question for the dealers (and I'm not bashing the KL here :) ), was there as much name confusion between the XJ Cherokee and the Grand Cherokee as there seems to be now? How about between the Grand Caravan and Carvan?
Yes...and Yes......I remember when the Cherokee was first announced that it was being discontinued......For months you had people coming in asking why were they discontinuing the Grand Cherokee.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
My JGC EcoDiesel was ordered. Tomorrow I will get the VON. Let the waiting begin. I am very happy. I used USAA to negotiate the price and everything went smoothly. It is Cherry Red with Brown interior, on a Summit 4x4. We are taking it on a long trip in November, Chicago to Alabama, New Orleans, Austin TX and back. I see where the truck was named the second best long haul vehicle. Stoked is the word actually. I will update as more info comes out.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hamdogsid said:
My JGC EcoDiesel was ordered. Tomorrow I will get the VON. Let the waiting begin. I am very happy. I used USAA to negotiate the price and everything went smoothly. It is Cherry Red with Brown interior, on a Summit 4x4. We are taking it on a long trip in November, Chicago to Alabama, New Orleans, Austin TX and back. I see where the truck was named the second best long haul vehicle. Stoked is the word actually. I will update as more info comes out.
Congrats......you are going to LOVE that Jeep. We were able to order 12 Cherokees and 2 Diesel GC's the Cherokees cant get here fast enough.. Each day we are getting more and more customers in the door who would be buyers of the Cherokee....

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
hamdogsid, PM me with your VIN when it gets to paint so I can track it in the plant. :)
CJDsalespro said:
Yes...and Yes......I remember when the Cherokee was first announced that it was being discontinued......For months you had people coming in asking why were they discontinuing the Grand Cherokee.....
Yes. When people think "Cherokee" they have the Grand Cherokee on their minds, not KL or XJ. This even includes my coworkers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's great that you guys will finally be getting the diesel Grand. These things are selling like hot cakes down here in Aus.

As an aside, does anyone know if RHD production has started (or scheduled) for the new Cherokee? Or if the diesel specs for said vehicle have been confirmed for Europe (we are supposed to be getting the diesel Cherokee down under too).

I was looking to get a Patriot earlier this year - only to be told that they are no longer importing 4x4 Patriots to Aus. Only the Compass (and the styling does nothing for me). Somehow - the look of the new Cherokee has grown on me. Would be what I'm after to complement the wifes Dodge Journey. I only want something with decent economy and AWD capable of rough dirt tracks - no serious off roading - and I love the way modern diesels drive.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
360VF said:
That's great that you guys will finally be getting the diesel Grand. These things are selling like hot cakes down here in Aus.

As an aside, does anyone know if RHD production has started (or scheduled) for the new Cherokee? Or if the diesel specs for said vehicle have been confirmed for Europe (we are supposed to be getting the diesel Cherokee down under too).

I was looking to get a Patriot earlier this year - only to be told that they are no longer importing 4x4 Patriots to Aus. Only the Compass (and the styling does nothing for me). Somehow - the look of the new Cherokee has grown on me. Would be what I'm after to complement the wifes Dodge Journey. I only want something with decent economy and AWD capable of rough dirt tracks - no serious off roading - and I love the way modern diesels drive.
selfishly speaking I hope you are several months away from producing any RHD Cherokees. We here in the states need our LHD Cherokees yesterday. and we haven't gotten our first ones shipped yet. I don't want or care about anyone getting any until I get 25+ ON MY LOT. (I did say selfishly speaking...lol)

·
Registered
42 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
selfishly speaking I hope you are several months away from producing any RHD Cherokees. We here in the states need our LHD Cherokees yesterday. and we haven't gotten our first ones shipped yet. I don't want or care about anyone getting any until I get 25+ ON MY LOT. (I did say selfishly speaking...lol)
LOL I hear you. Seriously these things are a great package. A friend of my daughters Mum just went from a Toyota product to a new 8 speed diesel limited JGC - she loves it. Only thing she doesn't like is the lack of mudflaps as she tows a large horse trailer with it. Was going to get them installed at first service.

I manged to grab a drive of a mates JGC Diesel ('13 model - 5 speed) the other day - man talk about impressed. That torque is fantastic. He is reporting around 29mpg (US) in day to day use, and around 33mpg on the open road. Again - he uses it to tow a horse trailer most of the time, not sure of the economy whilst towing - that seems to be the primary use out here, either the 'horsey set' or grey nomads (retirees) use them as tow rigs for big campers.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
Cherokee(KL) and Grand Cherokee Diesel and a 32"tire pkg for Wranglers are supposed to be availble to order this Friday...... :thumbsup:
Can you tell me about the 32" tire package for the Wranglers? Is it the same tires as used on the Rubicon?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts