Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving to work this morning on the WV Turnpike, there were 5 new Cherokees with manufacturer tags going through the toll-booth. Looked production ready, no camo., red, 3 black and what looked like a dark blue. One had "Sport" badging, and one sat much lower to the ground than the others. The rear end is not nearly as strange looking on the road as it is in pictures. Daytime running lights seem to be the small "slitty" lights. The all looked pretty nice with the exception of the low slung one... it had no badging and looked "base" That front overhang is pretty large... but overall size and proportions look pretty good. I like.

J

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Styling wise, it grows on you, especially in person. We shall see.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I have seen them regularly for months during my 120-mile commute between Toledo and Detroit; running the highways, testing, etc.
I dunno, Mike. I might have built up some sort of an immunity in the 1990s and 2000s...

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
lvelleq (o)llllll(o) said:
I have seen them regularly for months during my 120-mile commute between Toledo and Detroit; running the highways, testing, etc.
I dunno, Mike. I might have built up some sort of an immunity in the 1990s and 2000s...
:lol: it's possible... I'm not in love with it myself, but I'm not closing my eyes in fear of it anymore either :)

Mike

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Mike V. said:
:lol: it's possible... I'm not in love with it myself, but I'm not closing my eyes in fear of it anymore either :)

Mike
I still have to close my eyes, otherwise the gag reflex kicks in....

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
The nose styling is the first obstacle.....the largest Ng nose is another obstacle.....especially in the Trailhawk.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
The nose styling is the first obstacle.....the largest Ng nose is another obstacle.....especially in the Trailhawk.
My issue is the hangover also... I'm trying not to judge though until I see it in person. I'm jealous of you for having the chance to be up close and personal with one.

Mike
MoparNorm said:
I still have to close my eyes, otherwise the gag reflex kicks in....
:lol:

Mike

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
lvelleq (o)llllll(o) said:
I have seen them regularly for months during my 120-mile commute between Toledo and Detroit.
Careful where you drive, the roads seem to have some "minor issues" in Toledo! ;)

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
I will fully admit that I was shocked when I first saw this vehicle revealed, and instantly didn't like it. Over time it has grown on me. I will be interested in seeing it in person when it arrives at my dealer.

The interior design/quality & features of the Cherokee (especially the V6) are what I'd like in a vehicle. Just have to figure out where this stands on my "list" of potential purchase options once I see it in person, and decide if I like it or not. I'd also have to see how I fit in it.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
I will fully admit that I was shocked when I first saw this vehicle revealed, and instantly didn't like it. Over time it has grown on me. I will be interested in seeing it in person when it arrives at my dealer.

The interior design/quality & features of the Cherokee (especially the V6) are what I'd like in a vehicle. Just have to figure out where this stands on my "list" of potential purchase options once I see it in person, and decide if I like it or not. I'd also have to see how I fit in it.
There is no denying that the KL is a nice car on the interior. In the FWD version, it may have drivetrain longevity as well.
The AWD versions appears to be problematic.
I predict a boom in front bra sales...

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
MoparNorm said:
There is no denying that the KL is a nice car on the interior. In the FWD version, it may have drivetrain longevity as well.
I'd like to see someone make a kit that would allow you to replace the front bumper cover and headlight/DRL/turn signal with a more conventional bumper cover and headlight unit and make a fortune.

Although, I suspect that there would be significant testing involved in doing that, and the R&D wouldn't be cheap either

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
MoparNorm said:
thats a pretty big bra then....

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Just got a mailing from Jeep. Among other things it touts the new Cherokee as "The Remaking of History". Sad to see Jeep turning its back on heritage.

Also mentions best-in-class 4x4 capability with a footnote: "Best-in-class 4x4 capability based on offering two-speed power transfer unit (PTU) with rear locking axle, low-range 4x4 capability, exclusive Jeep Selec-Terrain with five settings (including snow) and industry-first fully disconnected drivetrain." Personally I view those as features not capabilities. Capability is what a driver can do with a vehicle. I have seen stock CJ's with a good driver make it places an inexperienced driver in a Rubicon had to get helped to.

·
Administrator
35,285 Posts
Capability is what a driver can do with a vehicle. I have seen stock CJ's with a good driver make it places an inexperienced driver in a Rubicon had to get helped to.
So the Charger SRT8 isn't capable unless it's being driven by a pro? Not getting it here. I don't think "the remaking of history" means turning its back on heritage. You're reading it is "we're reWRITING history" and they're writing it as "we're making history again."

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Trailduster45 said:
Everything today has to be Camo.
Camo comes in flannel... ;)

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
MoparNorm said:
;)

Flannel...