Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker first time poster. Was not sure if this was relevent or not but I stumbled on a storage lot of new Cherokees that easily number in the thousands just off of I75 and Gibraltar road in the downriver area this weekend. I took a few pictures on my phone but we all know what they generally look like They had a few right against the fence including a Trailhawk.

This parking lot is massive.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=gibraltar+mi&hl=en&ll=42.091025,-83.250403&spn=0.008519,0.016844&sll=36.140751,-5.353585&sspn=0.074166,0.134754&hnear=Gibraltar,+Wayne,+Michigan&t=h&z=16
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
muthian said:
Interesting, I show that as a auto auction lot.
It was a good number of years ago and closed, its actually a really nice facility. The amount of paved surface is staggering, I've wanted to have auto crossing events there for years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,224 Posts
Yes, I have not seen any Cherokees in the holding lots around the country, so, all 4000+ that have been produced must be there.

Of course, one has to ask: If the flash is for the AWD version, why aren't they shipping FWD versions?

This 'fix' is certainly taking a loooong time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,747 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

I wonder if they are going to do another drive-away?
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
I don't know if they are doing a drive-a-way, but my sources tell me the launch (of FWD) KL's is imminent. Likely within two weeks.
No word on the re flash of AWD models.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I know that lot well, I'm wondering how come no one has taken any pics? It would be a piece of cake considering it's right next to I-75. If I still lived in Ohio I would drive up there to check it out, but I now live in Tennessee so it's a bit harder to do lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
I am sure that lot is full of Cherokees. I have 10+ in "hold" status... I was told last week that they would be shipping them as early as today...
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
edvan said:
Norm:

I assume you mean by launch that the KLs will be heading to the dealers.

Ed
Actually there is going to be a launch with fanfare, press, etc. but you didn't hear that here. ;)
 

·
THE MAD DUCK
Joined
·
2,379 Posts
I Live Less Than 1 Mile From the I-75 and Van Horn Lot. My Last Trip By (Friday) I Did Not See A Lot Full of Cherokees.
It Was Quite a Mix of Chrysler Vehicles. I Will Report Back Tomorrow.
I'm Going Goose Hunting about 4 Miles West of the Lot and I Will Take a Good Look on the Way Back.

The Mad Duck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,120 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
Yes, I have not seen any Cherokees in the holding lots around the country, so, all 4000+ that have been produced must be there.

Of course, one has to ask: If the flash is for the AWD version, why aren't they shipping FWD versions?

This 'fix' is certainly taking a loooong time.
It depends on the code. I work extensively with FW. The code could a be single package. Meaning all cars could get it regardless of configuration. Fixing the code, adding to the code, then making sure the code works correctly, then finally issuing it, and implementing it is very laborious.

A bad fix is a truly horrible thing.

They are just making sure it is correct. FW is much more complex than people think it is, much more complex than the entire rest of the car. Fixing it is even harder. It's like tring to rearrange a few dominoes in the center of a wharehouse full of lined up dominos without knocking over any other dominos. One tiny little incorrect alteration, the progarm falls apart, and its back to where you started from.

Give the nerds a chance. They'll get it. (not knocking nerds, us nerds rule the earth, whether you know it or not)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
The Mad Duck said:
I Live Less Than 1 Mile From the I-75 and Van Horn Lot. My Last Trip By (Friday) I Did Not See A Lot Full of Cherokees.
It Was Quite a Mix of Chrysler Vehicles. I Will Report Back Tomorrow.
I'm Going Goose Hunting about 4 Miles West of the Lot and I Will Take a Good Look on the Way Back.

The Mad Duck.
Ducks hunt geese!?

Things must be getting tough all over...

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,974 Posts
Trailduster45 said:
I know that lot well, I'm wondering how come no one has taken any pics? It would be a piece of cake considering it's right next to I-75. If I still lived in Ohio I would drive up there to check it out, but I now live in Tennessee so it's a bit harder to do lol.
Maybe the new Cherokee just isn't photogenic.
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
The Mad Duck said:
I Live Less Than 1 Mile From the I-75 and Van Horn Lot. My Last Trip By (Friday) I Did Not See A Lot Full of Cherokees.
It Was Quite a Mix of Chrysler Vehicles. I Will Report Back Tomorrow.
I'm Going Goose Hunting about 4 Miles West of the Lot and I Will Take a Good Look on the Way Back.

The Mad Duck.
SouthPawXJ said:
Ducks hunt geese!?

Things must be getting tough all over...

:D
Can that be considered cannibalism? :lol:

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,862 Posts
Muther, is it still Linux based with hex FW? I work on Konica Minolta imaging equipment and noted it is all Linux based today with FW parameters adjustable in hex and binary. Similar with ChryFi cars? (Not asking for specifics or trade secrets, but just curious on a basic geek level)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,120 Posts
PCRMike said:
Muther, is it still Linux based with hex FW? I work on Konica Minolta imaging equipment and noted it is all Linux based today with FW parameters adjustable in hex and binary. Similar with ChryFi cars? (Not asking for specifics or trade secrets, but just curious on a basic geek level)
I work on institutional UPS's. Our fw is 100percent proprietary, and completely unhackable. That said, making parameter changes is easy. However, in our largest unit there are close to twenty thousand of them. Making changes, even small ones can lead to multimillion dollar failures, and threaten life (your own). I don't know what F-C uses, but the process is the same. A microcontroller is a microcontroller. My point was, that it is very easy to say "its a simple firmware fix", when there is no such thing as a simple firmware fix. All FW fixes are very complex, in the troubleshooting, repair, testing, and implementation of the new code. Even if it is as simple as time appearing incorrectly. It isn't as simple as adding a few hundred/thousand/million loops in a counter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I checked on this lot again and it has double the amount of Cherokees now. I have some very good pics taken on a hill showing how many there are. I'll send the pics to someone if they want to post them (currently at work).
 

·
THE MAD DUCK
Joined
·
2,379 Posts
Dear BEEAH!

After a Careful Look the Locations on Your "Map"

YOU ARE LOOKING THE OLD Manheim Detroit Auto Auction Lot.

North of that is the FORD MUSTANG - FUSION PLANT FLAT ROCK PLANT & PARKING LOTS !

IT IS AT GIBRALTAR Rd. & I-75!

Go Up to Van Horn Rd + I -75 (East of I-75 & South of Van Horn Rd.)

That is Where the another "Storage Lot" Is!

I'll Have to Visit the "Old" Manheim Lots Tomorrow to See What's There.

TMD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
BEEAH said:
I checked on this lot again and it has double the amount of Cherokees now. I have some very good pics taken on a hill showing how many there are. I'll send the pics to someone if they want to post them (currently at work).





sorry it took me so long to post these but I also was at work.........
 
1 - 20 of 211 Posts
Top