Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
This is really bad news for the company and workforce. :(
Also tough for anyone in the market for a new vehicle right now.
Are used car prices already going up?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
The Subaru Outback is the latest victim too. This is getting very very interesting.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yes...big time...I've been shopping for a teenager and there are not too many good deals out there anymore.
The car market is insane where I live.
My guess is with new cars being so expensive more people are buying used and it is driving prices up. I have been seeing 98-00
Dakotas beat to death with 200k selling for 5k and they actually sell them.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
It is a sellers market in my area. Good used stuff is sucked up by auction companies that ship to US dealers. New stock is low. The stock left is commonly the unpopular colours. Full MSRP is being captured. Volume Performance numbers un-reachable. Dealer transfers are nearly impossible.
A list of option restriction and constraints eats away at viable orders. I'm going to let most of my blocked orders simmer rather than cancel and re-order.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
The car market is insane where I live.
My guess is with new cars being so expensive more people are buying used and it is driving prices up. I have been seeing 98-00
Dakotas beat to death with 200k selling for 5k and they actually sell them.....
A coworker just sold his BR Ram 1500. Regular cab, long bed, 4wd, 5.9L. It was an Arizona truck, so no rust but all of the interior plastic is trashed. Engine and transmission are in good shape, but suspension is shot and needs a rebuild. It sold in 1 day for $3500.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Windsor has only worked 7 weeks since Christmas. Really don't know when the plant will start up again. The chip shortage is very very serious.

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
One word. China
Some of the chip shortage comes through Texas which was down due to the ice storm. Only one part of the problem. Biggest part is production is limited and number of chips needed is growing fast with new production coming on slowly.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts