Allpar Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
In all my years of working at FCA/Stellantis, I've never seen such a terrible letter hahaha

The word floating around is that the ship shortage may last for the whole year.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2,671 Posts
It was posted by a employee on Facebook.
That could be your answer..
Oh I know. I've been seeing it make the rounds. If it wasn't so poorly written, I might have at least raised an eyebrow instead of rolling my eyes each time I see it.

And who is Michael Reese?

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That letter is fake.
It sure looks fake.

First, Stellantis would hardly blame China, especially since they cut shifts from Jefferson for many weeks due to the Texas plant problems.

second, "The downturn in product not being sold is at a 73% loss" is something I would hope to never see. Corporate would never start randomly chatting about which lines are most profitable. Nor would they capitalize "Semiconductors."

·
Super Moderator
37,852 Posts
It sure looks fake.

First, Stellantis would hardly blame China, especially since they cut shifts from Jefferson for many weeks due to the Texas plant problems.

second, "The downturn in product not being sold is at a 73% loss" is something I would hope to never see. Corporate would never start randomly chatting about which lines are most profitable. Nor would they capitalize "Semiconductors."
The language and grammar remind me of the spam phishing emails.

·
Administrator
36,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Oh I know. I've been seeing it make the rounds. If it wasn't so poorly written, I might have at least raised an eyebrow instead of rolling my eyes each time I see it.

And who is Michael Reese?
Project manager at FCA in Southfield.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Some of the chip shortage comes through Texas which was down due to the ice storm. Only one part of the problem. Biggest part is production is limited and number of chips needed is growing fast with new production coming on slowly.
Well smart move by Apple to start making their own!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
A coworker just sold his BR Ram 1500. Regular cab, long bed, 4wd, 5.9L. It was an Arizona truck, so no rust but all of the interior plastic is trashed. Engine and transmission are in good shape, but suspension is shot and needs a rebuild. It sold in 1 day for $3500.
So, this coworker sold his BR Ram 1500 because he bought a 2018 DS Ram 1500 Rebel. Nice truck, but he is regretting it already. He's had the 2018 for about a month, and is now waiting to get it into the dealer to get the air suspension, brakes, and an exhaust manifold fixed. Biggest issue out of the three is the air suspension. One side seems fully inflated, the other side not so much. The truck has quite a lean to it. Called the local dealer yesterday to get it in and fixed. Soonest appointment is next week Friday. At least he got an extended warranty with it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would never want a Ram or anything with air suspension. So many instances of problems on the various Ram forums, especially in colder weather.

·
Administrator
36,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I would never want a Ram or anything with air suspension. So many instances of problems on the various Ram forums, especially in colder weather.
Same here. Coworker wasn't thrilled that it has air suspension, but figured he would be OK with the extended warranty. Now he's waiting for the warranty company to send a rep to inspect the truck.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts