Allpar Forums banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Speaking of Renault. I still like the Talisman and think it would have made a great Chrysler...

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Premium (GMC/Buicks) and Lux'ed up Chevy's (Cadillacs) are not Fitting thier brands Image as well as they should. GM could be profiting better if GMC was a clone of Jeep on, Chevy being on FWD Mainstream Platforms, Buick Dead in the US, and Cadillac on Modular RWD Platforms that supports SUV's and Cars... shared with Specialty Cars like Camaro/or RWD Blazer.

FCA dont need Crossovers for Dodge and Chrysler to support dealerships as all brands are under one roof (but it would be great if they had them) on the other hand, GM does.
Not true, especially given the market, since Jeeps are overengineered to meet Jeep standards for offroad capability, and are thus overweight and geared for offroad, and are therefore less energy efficient. That is why Dodge and Chrysler should have road-oriented SUVs and CUVs.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Too small for America
WHAT is too small for America? That is a vague statement I speculate is based on a very thin knowledge of the PSA lineup and what Americans actually buy.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Don't try to freakin insult my knowledge. I said what I said.... Now have a seat!
Insult your knowledge? How about not making vague statements, then having the nerve to get pissed when someone calls you out. I've actually driven some of these cars you're saying are too small, and I don't drive tiny city cars when I travel across the pond, which is monthly.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Not true, especially given the market, since Jeeps are overengineered to meet Jeep standards for offroad capability, and are thus overweight and geared for offroad, and are therefore less energy efficient. That is why Dodge and Chrysler should have road-oriented SUVs and CUVs.
Thats why i said "Dont Need (but it would be great if they had them)"

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Thats why i said "Dont Need (but it would be great if they had them)"
Acknowledged, but you also said "FCA don't need" SUVs."

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Lincoln's are going through a Renaissance . They are making differant looking cars based on ford platforms. Chrysler could easly do this to the cherokee.

·
Jeepaholic
6,271 Posts
If PSA doesn't have platforms with mechanical AWD systems, then those vehicles may be a hard sell here in the States where AWD is very popular. One of their CUV's will have an eAWD system, and some of FCA's CUV's will have eAWD systems, so can they be adapted for other PSA platforms as well?

I guess what I'm asking is, are the eAWD systems "off the shelf parts" that can be adapted to a variety of vehicles, or are they developed to be platform specific?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Just bring me the E-Legend....

Dear Santa:

We've all been good little children here on these Allpar boards...(well...most of us anyway). I know your elves are really busy right now...but could you please have them build Chrysler and Dodge versions of this car?

I'll even leave some fresh hot Italian espresso, and some biscotti for you to munch on.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
61 - 80 of 102 Posts