Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.
Need some help now... This is an European 99 Chrysler 300m with the 2.7 l engine. 100% sure 2.7 l US-engines from same year are equal.. During idling, a cover mounted, where the upper radiator hose mounts to the engine block/manifoil blew off. Hood was open. It has completely vanished and nowhere to be found. Either in the rngine compartment or around the car.
Does anyone have one, or know where I can find it, so I can have it shipped to Norway There are no Chrysler dealers left here, so i just can't go there and order one...
Including two photos. First is the cover, with a bleeding-niple on it... and second is how it looks like now...
Thanks

Hand Window Mesh Cloud Grey
Hood Light Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 1987 Plymouth GranFury, 1976 Dodge Charger, 1973 Plymouth Cuda, 1971 Plymouth D
17 Posts
Dorman Products - Search Results
Thisi should be it. Don't know if you can get dorman products shipped to Norway. Everyone in the US is celebrating Thanksgiving holiday today but I'm pretty sure that part would still be available at any chrsler dealer here still. I can find out tomorrow if no one else replies.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes that is the part - Make sure you order the metal one - it is one piece. Your plastic one is 2 pieces.
I replaced the one on my wifes 300 at least 3 times until they finally came out with the metal one.
They would blow off like yours or develop cracks and spew coolant all over. Horrible design from factory.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I know that part well... had that on my 01 Stratus 2.7. I can agree on the poor design.. they always Leak at the worst times too. .. Check with rockauto.com. they ship to many countries outside of the US. They have many different manufacturers for this part available for sale.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help folks. The item in question here is called "Coolant air bleeder" and it's apparently a weak point on the engine. Rock Auto came to rescue with an all metal one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts