Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added an "Imperial" executive vehicle on my last post. Let me know what you think :D

Original Image:

Mod : Lights off

Mod: DRL Only

Mod: Light's on, except brights.

Let me know what you think ;)

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Classic..

J

·
0 Posts
Like the idea, except the drop and the execution of the hard lines. Additionally, the front lip doesn't really add to my taste for luxury. I feel that should be reserved for a sport theme.

I do think this would make a valid upgrade for next gen with the proportions done right.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was an idea for an SRT model. I hadn't finished that part, so I left it out. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Very nice. I'd take a copy of the first redo (as long as there's headroom).

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Looks sharp. I prefer the wide grill/narrow headlights look on cars. The side marker lights are a nice touch too.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks - It's all intended as the same vehicle guys - not 3 separate ones. It's just the 2 stages of the lights being on. One, being the LED DRL's and the second being the low-beams. I did one with the highs on, but it turned out like crap.

I was actually thinking about doing a retro-futuristic design; something like the 'griffon' car on the anime "Big-O" meets Rolls-Royce Phantom.. I'll have to draw it out first, it will be completely different than any 300 built; the idea behind it is big, bold, american luxury. B)

I'll post it if I ever get around to drawing it up. It'll either be Imperial or Chrysler 700.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I like the front of it, but I would've kept the stock body lines, and the back past the tire makes me think of a truck. I think you did a good job, its nice. reminds me of a charger in the front though.... And props to the "Big-O" reference.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The stock bodylines were maintained, and partially exaggerated for the front-end. I just got rid of the wheel-arches and ran the bodylines through the headlights (which is already there in the new car, but the new headlights kind of hide that ridge up front. As for the rear, i just lengthened it for a more retro, fuselage look. I suppose a trunk size that would put some SUV's to shame might not be a good idea .. lol

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks :D -- i just wish i could email these directly to Ralph Gilles; then i might have a teeny chance of seeing my work become reality :unsure:

T

·
0 Posts
I think its cool but the whole point of the headlights and front was to resemble Chryslers original hood emblem.... a Eagle. Ralph said the headlights are shaped like a Eagles eye. And to me, the way thr grill was designed was to resemble its beak, while not pointed, the grill indents make it look like it.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
.. well that's Gilles way of designing, not mine; just because someone likes something, doesn't mean everyone else does ;) That goes for my work too.

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
2,644 Posts
I like it. I could see something like this as the Dodge version of the Chrysler Imperial, if that ever happens. Call it the Dodge Diplomat, offer an armored version of it, and sell a fleet of them to the government and to foreign embassies.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That won't happen - Chrysler is the luxury line, not Dodge. Dodge is the 'sporty' line.. No need for duplicates; that's what the Charger is for. :huh:

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
2,644 Posts
I agree that it won't happen. Just like Chrysler is not going to use your excellent design on the 300C.

Your design looks both sporty AND luxurious to me. They would of course want to make sure that it is properly differentiated from its Chrysler counterpart, so that it would be no more of a duplicate than the Charger is to the 300C, or the possible Firepower would be to the Viper, or the Avenger to the 200, etc.

It's a great design. I'm just suggesting that some of the elements could work on a Dodge halo sedan, IMHO.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The funny thing is; I made this so you could actually bolt-on the front end; the rear flare would be an issue though. lol :huh:

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
I think your redesign is sexy!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts