Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Defender of Reality
2,957 Posts
I'm not too optimistic (as much as I would would like to be) as this seems like a page out of the Mercury Grand Marquis playbook. Please FCA, support the car with improvements and updates.
Certainly with a refreshed front end look (grill/lighting) and a big interior update with the flush mounted display from the new GC.

Reactions: Donte Lindsey

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Glad to see it stay. If I were to buy one, I’d go full out 300c leather dash. I would love to see surround camera, self park and foot activated trunk. To open and close. Oh, and hard buttons for heated vented seats and steering wheel warmer. If I’m wishing I’d take awd hemi too.
I’m out of the market for a few years myself, but if they keep making it, I just may buy one.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Guys!, We won! Trend has been for cars(four-door-sedans mainly) to go the way of the buggy-whip. Timing and luck would have it, that this platform (remember) was placed into the market (under Chrysler's control), starting in 2005!

Daimler may have thought they were - creating - the demise of Chrysler. Actually the opposite is true! The 300 and the Charger and the Challenger are rockstars! Almost every large sedan (FWD or RWD) has been chased out of the market(can we just throw a little LOVE Chrysler's way?).

Chrysler has a place at the table with Hyundai and Toyota - on this one. No other U.S. company has that!;)

·
Super Moderator
38,031 Posts
The death of the car, particularly sedans,has been greatly exaggerated.
Yes, sedans count for a smaller, but still significant, number of sales. Sales of sedans won't end, despite the "end of sedans" headlines parroted in the automotive news. And lumping all sedans together really distorts figures. Larger sedans have dropped the most (as a percentage), followed by midsize sedans. But compact sedans haven't fallen near as badly.

·
Super Moderator
38,031 Posts
I at first thought the same, but with one being able to set them to auto turn on depending upon outside temp, I don't miss hard buttons, the auto feature is great!
Only the passenger ever uses the touch screen.
But I will admit, I have to turn the heated wheel and seats off long before the timer expires even in cold PA weather as they quickly get too warm for me.

I find it's easier to hit the touch screen a couple time to turn them off than reach lower where a physical button would have had to be located.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I at first thought the same, but with one being able to set them to auto turn on depending upon outside temp, I don't miss hard buttons, the auto feature is great!
While I like the auto on feature, my heated seats and wheel only need to be on for a few minutes. When it’s time to turn them off, while driving, I have to scroll through menus. My uconnect has the ability to have favorites in the bottom row, but not enough of them, considering I’d need 5 spaces just to control seat and steering wheel temps

1 - 20 of 169 Posts