Allpar Forums banner

121 - 140 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I guess discussing heavy discounting and its effect on resale and future new models is not related to the Chrysler 300 because it is not being affected by heavy discounting.
To Ryan's point, there would have to be a future 300 in order for it to be negatively affected by steep discounts on the current one.

Reactions: Ryan

·
Registered
12,991 Posts
If you want to discuss the 2019 Chrysler 300, perfect. If you want to complain about Jeep resale values and profit margins, this is not the place for that. There are plenty of other threads for those discussions.
Ryan, it is Chrysler resale values today that will make a Chrysler comeback more difficult...even with great CUVs and the Portal.

Those poor resale values and heavy discounting will bite Jeep in the future.

This is about more than the 300, but about the future of the entire company and the barriers it is creating for itself. Chrysler 300 is just the current example.

Reactions: Judas Shuttlesworth

·
Super Moderator
6,969 Posts
Ryan, it is Chrysler resale values today that will make a Chrysler comeback more difficult...even with great CUVs and the Portal.

This is about more than the 300, but about the future of the entire company and the barriers it is creating for itself. Chrysler 300 is just the current example.
I understand your thinking. Here’s a more appropriate thread for it, though:
The future of Chrysler (at https://www.allpar.com/forums/threads/the-future-of-chrysler.168935/page-63 )

·
Registered
126 Posts

I wasn't thinking about that part of it. Given the lack of attention to the brand and the discounts on the current vehicles, the damage may have already been done to whatever comes after.

·
Registered
12,991 Posts
I wasn't thinking about that part of it. Given the lack of attention to the brand and the discounts on the current vehicles, the damage may have already been done to whatever comes after.
Chrysler will have a big hill to climb with a CUV. Other than the Aspen, it has never offered one. The 300 discounts and death-talk are making trust in Chrysler all the more difficult by the buying public.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Most of the buying public doesn't hear or know about the Chrysler death talk. What they do know is that when they are looking for a quality crossover and don't want a fire breather Durango or mountain goat Jeep, Chrysler won't even come up as an option. And everyday that continues is another lost dollar that can't be regained.

·
Super Moderator
6,969 Posts
Chrysler will have a big hill to climb with a CUV. Other than the Aspen, it has never offered one. The 300 discounts and death-talk are making trust in Chrysler all the more difficult by the buying public.
Pacifica was a CUV but I’m not sure how many people remember that now that it’s a minivan.

·
Registered
12,991 Posts
Let's stick to the 300 discussion - any guesses how large the incentives get this year?

Reactions: Judas Shuttlesworth

·
Registered
12,991 Posts
Pacifica was a CUV but I’m not sure how many people remember that now that it’s a minivan.
The Pacifica wagon and Aspen are great examples of Chrysler's struggles with moving into the CUV market.

·
Registered
12,991 Posts
Taking a wild guess that they will stay the same. Not that they are doing much good.
I hope they cut production. I feel for Brampton.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Reactions: Ryan

·
Super Moderator
6,969 Posts
I personally preferred the old aspen over a Durango.

Have the 300 sales fallen that much in the last few months?
I see quite a few new ones in my area
Down 12% YTD so far, even with heavy incentives.

·
Mopar Guru!
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #138

·
Super Moderator
6,969 Posts
With the sedan market slowing down more, Chrysler isn't putting any ads for the 300 out there... and instead are dumping money into Pacifica ads. It's too bad, the 300 commercial earlier this year was great...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-spuvtqCdBc
I have that one playing on out little digital showroom thing at the dealership. Every 30 minutes or so, I hear the guy whistle and say “NICE RIDE!”

·
Registered
530 Posts
The Pacifica wagon and Aspen are great examples of Chrysler's struggles with moving into the CUV market.
Aspen was not a CUV, clearly a truck based SUV in a time of high fuel prices and bankruptcy. Chrysler will do just fine in CUV territory if they ever arrive. Pacifica was early and had a poor seating configuration. The rear seat was a joke. The GM CUVs corrected this error and have sold well. Chrysler should be in this game and there are customers.

121 - 140 of 169 Posts