Allpar Forums banner

161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
75k may be good for some but 26k is my absolute limit. Some one needs to think about retirees. The 75k vehicles have few homes in the practicle world. I go shopping and in the parking lots high end vehicled are rare and stand out in a crowd. Sideways in the parking spaces.
Apparently you've never been to Short Hills Mall.

Reactions: jerseyjoe

·
Super Moderator
6,989 Posts
75k may be good for some but 26k is my absolute limit. Some one needs to think about retirees. The 75k vehicles have few homes in the practicle world. I go shopping and in the parking lots high end vehicled are rare and stand out in a crowd. Sideways in the parking spaces.
After incentives you can get a brand new 300 Touring for $24,390.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Unfortunately it’s been discussed that in order to offer that price, you need to sell millions of them, and they can’t. Chevy can’t. Ford can’t. They are abandoning the market to let some else try to get a slice of that razor thin margin. I won’t be surprised when personal vehicle ownership will be only for the wealthy few. And I’m willing to bet most communities are not set up with enough public transportation

·
Defender of Reality
2,957 Posts
Unfortunately it’s been discussed that in order to offer that price, you need to sell millions of them, and they can’t. Chevy can’t. Ford can’t. They are abandoning the market to let some else try to get a slice of that razor thin margin. I won’t be surprised when personal vehicle ownership will be only for the wealthy few. And I’m willing to bet most communities are not set up with enough public transportation
Ironically, that would be a return to the late 19th and early 20th century....or really most of human history. Personal transportation has historically been a luxury, and the faster it moved, the more it cost. The economic boom after WWII changed that dynamic in America, but over the long-term I wonder if it's sustainable. Private taxi services like Uber and Lyft, big investments by increasingly dense urban markets in transit, the proliferation of bike & ride-sharing services.....all of these erode the idea of private transportation as necessity rather than luxury.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,153 Posts
After incentives you can get a brand new 300 Touring for $24,390.
Yeah, unlucky me got a 2015 300S for 31k without dealer offering an alternative. 300 touring in medium grey is a whole bunch better looking than my black S. Only one I could afford at the time so I was made to beleive. I was used to dealer integrity of 12 years ago. I'll get over it if i can find an even trade.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,153 Posts
Prediction, gonna go out of buisness competing with BMW, Merc, and Audi, not to mention VW.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Ironically, that would be a return to the late 19th and early 20th century....or really most of human history. Personal transportation has historically been a luxury, and the faster it moved, the more it cost. The economic boom after WWII changed that dynamic in America, but over the long-term I wonder if it's sustainable. Private taxi services like Uber and Lyft, big investments by increasingly dense urban markets in transit, the proliferation of bike & ride-sharing services.....all of these erode the idea of private transportation as necessity rather than luxury.
Unsustainable is the key word. This new creative financing and loan terms are the start. Most Americans are so overextended there is no longer a chance of saving money to better themselves. History of capitalism is full of “market adjustments”- I believe we will see one soon. But this is off topic

161 - 169 of 169 Posts