Allpar Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Valued Member
3,431 Posts
Here is a picture of me in one of the Chrysler dyno cells with a 288" Pro-Stock engine we tested for Bob Glidden when he ran the Plymouth Arrow Pro Stock car. I got all kinds of pictures at the Petty shop with Maurice Petty or of the Race group in the 1970's all the way through 2007.
Smile T-shirt Engineering Electronic engineering Machine
Sleeve Smile Tints and shades T-shirt Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Hood

·
Valued Member
3,431 Posts
BWT I ordered the Book I posted above, told my self "why not I have the 2.2/2.5 book and the transmission book, so why not"
What? You don't own the book. I thought you were a Mopar guru. I did most of the dyno testing for the info in the book before you were probably born. It was given that title to separate it from the 'small block" book. . Where do they find your kind of people? You wouldn't put the "B" engine info in this book.
Motor vehicle Font Recipe Vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
801 Posts
Why bother with the 361 anyway?Put in a 440.

·
Premium Member
20,360 Posts
Why bother with the 361 anyway?Put in a 440.
Nothing wrong with a 361. It's a 383 with an eighth inch smaller bore and revs great, slightly better mileage, and extremely strong. I still have mine on a shelf to redo sometime in the future. Heck, it might even have the closed chamber heads, which is an added plus for compression.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well I found it on a Classified as the Car was 600 dollars it had the engine, transmission, rear axle and drive shaft ,got all those parts out of the car then took the body to the auto recycling center and got 364 dollars for the body, so all in all I paid 246 bucks for an engine, transmission and rear axle, that's better than paying at least a thousand dollars just for a RB block ,believe me I looked at prices, then getting heads, then a transmission "New $2000+" or needs possible rebuilding if used "1000 at least", then an 8&3/4 rear axle from Dr diff for 800 bucks, I said heck why not get everything in one swoop for 600 bucks, didn't even know it would weigh as much when I took the body to the auto recyclers.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts