Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrysler Among Least Searched Auto Brand In US

Take this with a grain of salt.

Apparently an insurance company called Veygo (which I have never heard of) did a study as to which brands are Googled the most by country.

The results I will share are specifically for the United States. Note that the pitfalls of this study was they only used Google as their search engine (though lets be honest, the results wouldn't have changed much at all).

The most searched for brands in the US were Toyota, Honda, Ford, Hyundai, and BMW. Rather interesting how BMW snuck in there.

Among mass produced brands, Chrysler ranked second to the last with only Acura performing worse. Strangely their study did not include Jeep or Dodge. If you were curious, Fiat ranked 15th.

World Map of Search Results

Raw Data Results.

Original Article.

Their methodology for getting the data was using a website known as ahrefs.com and they search top car brands across 171 different countries. They excluded brands that didn't get enough data back.​

·
Jeepaholic
6,429 Posts
People may not be searching for them, but they sure are buying them. I suppose that is what matters after all.(FCA products in general)

Reactions: GasAxe

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
One of the other car rental companies at the airport has a special display spot for a prestige vehicle. What vehicle will get sit there varies from week to week, as availability fluctuates. That spot is right at the doors exiting the lobby where the escalators and elevators are. Today's vehicle is a Chrysler 300C. Our company has a VIP row where a 300C (or S) is allowed to be placed among the high end cars. Regular 300s can park in the executive section. It doesn't look good for a Lincoln Continental to be sitting next to a Chrysler 300, because then it's obvious the Lincoln should be 10% larger.

A Chrysler 300 has a presence to it. It's been around a while and everybody knows what it is.

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins.
4,565 Posts
It would be interesting to see if the Chrysler brand is holding down Pacifica sales. I have a feeling there is much soul searching going forward on their brands direction. Except for Jeep and Ram of course.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,977 Posts
It would be interesting to see if the Chrysler brand is holding down Pacifica sales. I have a feeling there is much soul searching going forward on their brands direction. Except for Jeep and Ram of course.
One little economic downturn and I believe the Chrysler brand is kaput. The 300 goes away and the Pacifica gets a mild face lift and/or becomes Grand Caravan, and Dodge returns to the "mainstream with performance flair" position it held for decades. Of course, that scenario would also probably see Fiat killed off in the US and Canada, which needs to happen. If they are going to let Chrysler rot on the vine forever, I'd rather see it killed off and the extra funds put into building up Dodge. Ideally of course, I'd like to see both brands thrive.

As for searches, the less product you have, the fewer people looking. Plus a fair percentage of the minivan buyers have owned nothing but ChryCo vans for years, and just come back automatically every so often for a new one without much consideration of competition. When I worked for a CJD dealer the minivan buyers were by far the most loyal customers we had.

·
Registered
876 Posts
300's about 15yrs old now. Everyone who wanted one already got one.

Pacifica is a few yrs old and likely looked up by name in large part, instead of brand.

That's all they got.. A 15yr old model.. And a minivan.

What's to look for? It's not like it's doing anything to actually get peoples attn.

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
One little economic downturn and I believe the Chrysler brand is kaput. The 300 goes away and the Pacifica gets a mild face lift and/or becomes Grand Caravan, and Dodge returns to the "mainstream with performance flair" position it held for decades. Of course, that scenario would also probably see Fiat killed off in the US and Canada, which needs to happen. If they are going to let Chrysler rot on the vine forever, I'd rather see it killed off and the extra funds put into building up Dodge. Ideally of course, I'd like to see both brands thrive.

As for searches, the less product you have, the fewer people looking. Plus a fair percentage of the minivan buyers have owned nothing but ChryCo vans for years, and just come back automatically every so often for a new one without much consideration of competition. When I worked for a CJD dealer the minivan buyers were by far the most loyal customers we had.
I would rather they put the Chrysler brand to rest then let it just die a slow death like it is now. I'm sorry, but revamp the front end call it a new Grand Caravan, discontinue the 300, and it's over. The same thing would apply to Fiat, but that's just here. It seems to have a life other places. Make Dodge back into a mainstream brand before the hot rod market goes away again and then Dodge will be history too.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,977 Posts
In its last service, my Jeep was written into the repair records as a 2018 Chrysler Compass

Maybe there’s more product shuffling going on behind-the-scenes than we know!
Rule # 1: Never assume anything that happens at a dealership, or that is said or implied by a dealer or a dealership employee indicates anything with regard to the future direction of the manufacturer. Always assume ignorance, stupidity, lack of training, and old fashioned "BS", when it comes to dealerships and their employees. :rolleyes:

In other words, they made a mistake.

Take this from a guy who works for a dealership (not FCA).

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
In its last service, my Jeep was written into the repair records as a 2018 Chrysler Compass

Maybe there’s more product shuffling going on behind-the-scenes than we know!

This car (current Compass) should have been styled Chrysler Argon— counterpart to the Dodge neon compact AWD hatchback, with the current Cherokee(what we’re calling a Compass today is an ideal Cherokee) dropped like the Dart/200.

Why didn’t this happen?!
Dealers for FCA aren't a very good source for future products, I'm sure this was just an error. I wish there was something to it.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Demographics.... look at the age of Chrysler buys you find the proper correlation

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
I only brought it up because it seems like an error that couldn’t be made.

Either FCA’s service software drop-down menus are a cluster-f— or they’re allowing service writers to input their own make/model.

Neither of those scenerios compute to me— they’re going to want to engineer this mistake out from the beginning. Because, as a few have stated already, employees can’t be trusted.

I once got a ticket in a Dodge PT Cruiser and suggested to the judge it be thrown-out on grounds that any officer that doesn’t know his makes/models— can’t be trusted to understand a manual transmission driver might modulate wheel slip with a clutch while holding a certain throttle position.

Expensive ticket, that one.

That * IS * a pertinent question ( How their Drop-down Menus are populated with labels quite like that ).

Also, is it the case that FCA allow software models which include such automobile model designations ( presumably errant designations )? And is it the case that dealership software "talks to" FCA corporate software? { ordering, parts availability, software updates, recall data, etc. }

Or is this one dealership ' off the reservation ' yet still operating as an FCA outlet?

Perhaps multiple software applications are in simultaneous use; perhaps even one/some of which aren't there for direct FCA connection/interoperability?

How does this work?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Searches don't correlate with sales, usually... how's Dodge doing?
I did some digging myself. Using a similar tool to what this article used, we can look at some graphs. I think you will find this unscientific data interesting. I used the same methodology as the original article and made this data only for the past 12 months, so it includes a bit of 2017. This is only considering the Google search engine.

1. This first dataset shows how Chrysler compares to it's FCA family of brands. Dodge is harrowingly beating out Jeep by a few thousand. Ram is third and Chrysler fourth. Fiat is a distant last. Countrywide, Dodge owns most of the western US but Jeep dominates search results in the northeast.

2. This next dataset shows Chrysler and Dodge compared to the other big American brands of Chevrolet and Ford. Chevrolet didn't get as many results as "Chevy" so I used Chevy. Surprisingly, Chevy doesn't beat Dodge by much in search results. Ford topples them all. Chrysler is a distant last. Ford was most searched in every state except Iowa which searched for Dodge more. I wonder why that is?

3. Lastly I did a search result by Chrysler product and the Dodge Caravan to see how it compares to the Pacifica. The Chrysler 200 was getting more searches then the Pacifica through much of the beginning of the year then they began to tussle mid year. Even more interesting, searches for the Chrysler 200 has been trending upward, not downward. More alarmingly, the Caravan out searches the Pacifica throughout the entire year and surpasses the Chrysler 300 at various points. The Caravan is a well known name and searched a lot.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,249 Posts
Chrysler Among Least Searched Auto Brand In US

Take this with a grain of salt.

Apparently an insurance company called Veygo (which I have never heard of) did a study as to which brands are Googled the most by country.

The results I will share are specifically for the United States. Note that the pitfalls of this study was they only used Google as their search engine (though lets be honest, the results wouldn't have changed much at all).

The most searched for brands in the US were Toyota, Honda, Ford, Hyundai, and BMW. Rather interesting how BMW snuck in there.

Among mass produced brands, Chrysler ranked second to the last with only Acura performing worse. Strangely their study did not include Jeep or Dodge. If you were curious, Fiat ranked 15th.

World Map of Search Results

Raw Data Results.

Original Article.

Their methodology for getting the data was using a website known as ahrefs.com and they search top car brands across 171 different countries. They excluded brands that didn't get enough data back.​
Dumb sales person I would try an evenup on a Kia. For my 300 S

·
Jeepaholic
6,429 Posts
Searches don't correlate with sales, usually... how's Dodge doing?
I'm not sure how helpful it would be to look at the "search" numbers anyway, at least by themselves. Is it helpful to know how many people are "looking at you" without knowing how many of them actually made a purchase? I guess it is a way of gauging interest maybe, maybe similar to how many people "view" an ad. How do they know if it is one person looking at many different brands and vehicles, vs many people looking at a few brands and vehicles. I suppose one could compare the number of searches to the trends in sales to see if there is any correlation.

Personally, I look at a bunch of different brands and vehicles, and have not bought anything recently...so a whole bunch of search data with no sales to show for it (which affirms your statement).

·
Registered
248 Posts
I dont use Google lol....

This is why the 300 needs a 392 Hemi or a Hellcat version (yes I know,understand and listened to all the people here on the cost ,certification etc..just me dreaming)..

I would say a 300 only version of the 5.7 Hemi !!! Lets say with 400 hp that should easily be done I would think..or 425 hp etc (you get the drift)... To make it stand out and advertise it !!!

So, a performance version new spoiler/fascia/wheels with 400 hp and a 3.90 axle ratio,that would grab some attention and wake it up !!

It would generate many more hits,and it brings sales to other trim levels as people think Chrysler makes no cars at all ! Seriously,they got confused when they cancelled the Dart and 200 they confuse the 200 with 300 !!! I had a few people say nice car too bad they stopped it !

Chrysler doesnt advertise their cars except the Pacifica,the 300 hasnt had an add for years...

They should advertise the 300 and even Charger and Challenger !! People still buy cars,if you can grab sales from every car segment and even truck/minivan/suv as people might have a look and prefer these better,I know we do !!!

Advertise the 30 plus mpg,awd versions many people in big Cities mainly drive cars few trucks !! The awd 300 is quicker,better gas mileage than compact gutless 4cyl cuv's ,people dont know this and buy the 4 cyl cuv for fuel economy and awd !!!

**My head is sore from banging it on the wall from the absence of car advertising from FCA on these models !!!!! My absence from commenting here is from head being sore !

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 3.6 Crew
6,491 Posts
I suspect that fewer Chrysler buyers have to compare brands. They are not me too vehicles. Honda & Tojo buyers are very often repeat on minivan but what competes with the 300?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts