Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the article:

CEO Carlos Tavares confirmed that Stellantis plans to bring back the Chrysler brand from its current neglected state.

Good news for Chrysler: Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares today said the brand will be "relaunched" with "gorgeous" new models.

Full article here:

·
Registered
24 Posts
From the article:

CEO Carlos Tavares confirmed that Stellantis plans to bring back the Chrysler brand from its current neglected state.

Good news for Chrysler: Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares today said the brand will be "relaunched" with "gorgeous" new models.

Full article here:

He seems to be saying the right things, let's see if he can deliver.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
39,889 Posts
Is that really news? I mean, the head of Chrysler said the same thing a few weeks ago. Is C&D really so eager for stories that they'll run "CEO confirms nothing has changed since last month" ?

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that really news? I mean, the head of Chrysler said the same thing a few weeks ago. Is C&D really so eager for stories that they'll run "CEO confirms nothing has changed since last month" ?
Yes, that is how news works in the internet age and why companies need to keep saying things to be in the "news" so people do not forget what they said a few weeks ago.

Saturation.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Weeks ago? I feel like it was months ago. I hear more about Dodge now. She needs to throw out some speculations to keep people aware of the brand. That article was on Facebook and it was more negative than positive comments.

·
Registered
895 Posts
From the article:

Full article here:

Woohoo!!

·
Move along, nothing to see here
2,793 Posts
FCA/Stellantis executives say a lot of things when it comes to brand/product plans. Sure Carlos, I'll believe it when they're rolling down production lines.

I mean, MotorTrend managed to run an whole article on unverified and unreliable (and ultimately false) information about next gen Dodge's having separate models with V8's.

·
Jeepaholic
6,831 Posts
Talk is cheap, they can say whatever they want. Until actual new product is revealed, then it’s all just that….talk.

·
Registered
Jeep
2,743 Posts
I don't know guys, I REALLY think this guy is going to deliver on his promises. We all knew Sergio was full of it, but I have a good feeling about Carlos.

Reactions: tlc

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,209 Posts
I made the same comments in another post. They have to keep their plans out there. People need to know that they're really working on something new. Credibility must be reestablished. They have none now. Years of promising new things, only for those new things to never show up.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
You don't get it......do you?

For those of us (including myself) who still have some remnants of PTDLS (Post-Traumatic-Damn-Liar-Stress)......We NEED this kind of reassurance to help us ease our anxieties a bit.

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,209 Posts
Honestly, there has been nothing positive for Chrysler since the 300 launch long ago. The 200, Sergio made DOA, and the Pacifica, or I'll call the minivan has been hampered by constant quality issues. Think about it, they have managed to lose their minivan edge they had for years due to mismanagement.

·
Administrator
39,889 Posts
Just like we keep seeing the Eco Diesel Emissions scandal over and over again?
That's because two months ago they had a guilty plea and this week they had a penalty. That's actual news. The whole "we're not bringing new brands to the USA" could be a quote from last year. Indeed, i think it is.

·
Administrator
39,889 Posts
Honestly, there has been nothing positive for Chrysler since the 300 launch long ago. The 200, Sergio made DOA, and the Pacifica, or I'll call the minivan has been hampered by constant quality issues. Think about it, they have managed to lose their minivan edge they had for years due to mismanagement.
Airflow

1 - 20 of 95 Posts