Allpar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had acquired this a number of years ago and had it installed in our 1989 Grand Caravan including the Infinity II head unit and speakers. When we sold it, I put an Infinity I in it and kept the CD changer. It takes a 6 disc magazine or cartridge (currently parts unknown). Unfortunately the label is just deteriorated enough to not be completely legible. If anyone knows (a) what it probably came in and (b) what the actual model number might be it would help. I can make an extension cable for it as it matches the Infinity I and II sockets.

Here are some pictures of it: DSCN3254.jpg DSCN3255.jpg DSCN3256.jpg DSCN3258.jpg DSCN3259.jpg

·
Super Moderator
37,462 Posts
I can’t see the images, dash mount or remote mount? The remote mount was often a dealer installed accessory.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a remote mount, I did find some later models in the parts lists, but a lot of them are 10 disc and a different cable, looks like it is a 10 pin connector.

·
Super Moderator
37,462 Posts
Looks like what was installed in my 1995 Neon and 1996 Ram. They were 6 disc changers mounted in the trunk (Neon) and behind the seat (Ram).

Reactions: 85lebaront2

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh, thanks, that may help! Now I just have to find where it is hidden in the parts lists.

·
Super Moderator
37,462 Posts
Ahh, thanks, that may help! Now I just have to find where it is hidden in the parts lists.
You might possibly need an accessories parts list - they may have been dealer installed rather than factory installed.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That I don't have and we have no Chrysler dealers here, nearest is Pocomoke City MD and it's a little Ford/FCA dealer roughly an hour's drive.

·
Super Moderator
32,148 Posts
From the photos, the Chrysler PN is clearly
P04882420

From ebay:
97-02 OEM P04882420 6 DISC CD CHANGER CHRYSLER DODGE PLYMOUTH STRATUS SEBRING

·
Super Moderator
37,462 Posts
Magazine: 04797433
I'll keep looking and see if I can find the installation bracket and cable part numbers.
I think I have an accessory parts list at home.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the brackets and the screws that attach them. I had it in a 1989 Grand Caravan until I sold it. I wanted to put it in the 1993, but the seat pedestal didn't have a place to put it.

Bob, if you have a good idea what it might be, then yes, I agree that that is most likely correct. I was sure of the P0 and 2420, but the others, one could be a 6 or 8, the other a 3 or 8.

·
Super Moderator
37,462 Posts
No luck on the cable part number yet. It seems that these often used a part number that started with 8 as an accessory.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It may also have been part of a vehicle specific kit.

·
Super Moderator
37,462 Posts
The install kits were somewhat specific, the changers came in two setups. One with the cable to play with certain radios and the other with a remote control.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did, but he never replied. Since I now have the 2001 Sebring convertible Infinity 6 channel amplifier, and I found I only have one good amplified speaker, I really don't need that information any more.

As far as the cable goes, I have the male plug for the back of the older Infinty I and II head units and may have an actual functioning Infinity II head (make one from 2 if necessary), If I can find a plug for the 10 pin interface on the later radios, I have a nice RAZ unit that will control the 4 disc changer and may control the 6 disc. I have a working 4 disc, but the dash really doesn't have a good location for it, the 6 disc can mount in the trunk like I had a Pioneer system for Darth (1986 F350) and our 1980 Bonneville. I had the mounts in both, same head units and if we were going by car, stuck the changer (10 disc) in the trunk, using the 5th wheel the changer was set from horizontal to vertical mount and put behind the rear seat.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In the accessory catalog (if anyone has one) I need to see if there is a PN for the cable from the later head units (the ones with one rectangular 22 pin plug and one roughly square 10 pin plug) to go to the P04882420 changer. It would be the 10 pin to a female DIN (it is either an 8A or 8B and is different from the newer changers both in gender and pin orientation)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts