Allpar Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Could be, but I wouldn't be surprised if they decontented the car a bit as it got long in the tooth. My car started out life as 2bbl 360 car with a 60/40 split velour bench seat car with power driver's seat and power windows and manual door locks, plus the round flat mirrors. I had a beater of a '79 for awhile too, that had a 2bbl 318, bucket seats with center jumpseat that were white leather but manually operated, with manual-crank windows, but with sport mirrors.

·
Super Moderator
37,708 Posts
It depends on the year. From glancing over 1975, 1977 and 1979 brochures, it appears the solid bench was standard in 1975 and 1979, the 60/40 split bench was standard in 1977.

A few years back I found a close twin to my car to scavenge parts from. My 1979 is a very highly equipped two-tone brown and tan with tan leather interior. It has t-tops and the high performance E58 360-4bbl motor. The car in the junkyard was similar in color but had a vinyl bench seat and was much plainer but had the E56 emissions version of the 360-4. Oddly the car in the junkyard did have cornering lights which was an option my car was missing.

There were so many odd variations on these cars for several reasons. First most options were sold individually (though there was a Basic Group that added the radio, landau top and AC among others that was included on the majority of Cordobas). The second reason is a lot of these cars were built just to keep the factory running. Someone decided what mix of cars they would sell and then they had to convince dealers to take them. There are pictures of these hundreds of these cars at holding lots (like the Windsor Fairgrounds) waiting to be moved to dealers.

G

·
TWX said:
Okay, got images in my Garage Entry...

Measured from the front edge of the door

Measured from the top of the lip of the door, looking at about a 45 degree angle

Measured from the top lip of the door, looking down from the top

This is a '78, while I expect your '76 to be the same, I make no guarantees.
I finally got them installed this weekend, they look great! I had by tablet out in the garage with me so I could reference your pictures. I have photos, but I can't figure out how to attach them. Once I do I will get them up. Thanks again for your help!

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
There are backing plates that sandwich the body of the car. If you lack those then you'll probably have to resort to fender washers, that you'll want to bend to conform to the shape of the body.

Dad just pulled a set of sport mirrors from a '77 that we found in a junkyard, but my guess is that he's going to want a pretty penny for them. He does have the backing plates, but he'd want to sell the mirrors complete rather than just selling the backing plates. If you want me to find out then send me a private message.

G

·
TWX said:
There are backing plates that sandwich the body of the car. If you lack those then you'll probably have to resort to fender washers, that you'll want to bend to conform to the shape of the body.

Dad just pulled a set of sport mirrors from a '77 that we found in a junkyard, but my guess is that he's going to want a pretty penny for them. He does have the backing plates, but he'd want to sell the mirrors complete rather than just selling the backing plates. If you want me to find out then send me a private message.
I am sorry, I mean't I can't figure out how to attach the pictures to my post. I have the backing plates and I used them as a template with the measurments from your pictures to drill the holes.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Create an entry in the "Registry" and post 'em there. That's what I did.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts