·
Mopar Guru!
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Mopar Guru!
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When I worked at a competing dealer to the dealer mentioned in the article, we used to cut favors for customers who worked for Chrysler to get their numbers... gift cards, free oil changes, car washes... sometimes tthe difference in 3% to 6% you save from the discount could make or break a deal.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I just leased a Journey GT and let the dealer get the control number using my info, I told him to NOT use my info to get another number. Every employee and retiree gets an email when a number is generated and can look up their history. Employees risk losing their privileges by selling/ exchanging numbers for profit.

Off topic, it's an awesome vehicle especially considering that it's replacing a 10yr old PT GT. (Which is for sale btw)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I just leased a Journey GT and let the dealer get the control number using my info, I told him to NOT use my info to get another number. Every employee and retiree gets an email when a number is generated and can look up their history. Employees risk losing their privileges by selling/ exchanging numbers for profit.

Off topic, it's an awesome vehicle especially considering that it's replacing a 10yr old PT GT. (Which is for sale btw)
That's how we always do it too (dealer gets the control number using the info). We haven't had issues though because we only work with trusted dealers/salespeople.

·
10,444 Posts
In my personal experience, FCA started clamping down hard on who got employee pricing 4-5 years ago.

I used to be able to get employee pricing through one of my clients who is pretty high up at FCA's research dept., but no more.

·
Registered
681 Posts
In this case the fraudster is a dealer employee, who knows what may happen. If the perpetrator was an FCA employee they could lose their use of the employee advantage program plus be liable for the money lost by the company. I didn't read the doc close enough to see if termination is also an option since l don't break the rules so someone can save/make a few bucks.

·
The "Front-Line" Perspective
3,245 Posts
In my personal experience, FCA started clamping down hard on who got employee pricing 4-5 years ago.

I used to be able to get employee pricing through one of my clients who is pretty high up at FCA's research dept., but no more.
Now you just come see me for the same experience! ;)

Reactions: aldo90731

·
3,245 Posts
The process to get my E.P. pricing on my vehicle was completely different in Canada then what has been described here. I called into Chrysler, had to prove that I had been selling CJDR for 6 months, and then they issued a control number. All the control number did was kick-back some money to my dealer for selling a vehicle for slightly over cost.

We do not have a "friends & family" program.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
284 Posts

Is this the same discount that Chrysler offers to the NEA?

·
10,444 Posts
Is this the same discount that Chrysler offers to the NEA?
I have no idea. I am talking about the price for FCA employees, which is about 5% below dealer invoice.

Affiliate Rewards, which is widely available, is 1% below dealer invoice.

Reactions: Donte Lindsey

·
Registered
446 Posts
The process to get my E.P. pricing on my vehicle was completely different in Canada then what has been described here. I called into Chrysler, had to prove that I had been selling CJDR for 6 months, and then they issued a control number. All the control number did was kick-back some money to my dealer for selling a vehicle for slightly over cost.

As a FCA employee I can assure you that we have 3 programs in Canada

1. Employee Purchase
2 Employee Choice
3. Friends and Family

Employee Purchase is for me and immediate family. Employee choice is someone who doesn't qualify for employee Purchase I get 1 per year and Friends and Family covers extended family

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
3,245 Posts

1. Employee Purchase
2 Employee Choice
3. Friends and Family

Employee Purchase is for me and immediate family. Employee choice is someone who doesn't qualify for employee Purchase I get 1 per year and Friends and Family covers extended family
I am not aware of number 2 or 3... as a matter of fact I have no heard of either... and I've sold both friends and family. How do they work?

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2,671 Posts

1. Employee Purchase
2 Employee Choice
3. Friends and Family

We don't have "Employee Choice" down here in the US anymore.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2,671 Posts

Yes, all programs just kick back money to the dealerships. That's all that they have ever done. The dealerships here are comical. They act like they're taking the loss for the discount.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yes, all programs just kick back money to the dealerships. That's all that they have ever done. The dealerships here are comical. They act like they're taking the loss for the discount.
The other part of the program though is that it sets a maximum price for the car or the dealer is subject to some sort of penalty. And the money given back to them puts it back to invoice for the dealer, from what I have been told. So if a vehicle MSRP is 42000, and invoice is 40000, EP might be 38000, and when the dealer sells it they will get 2k back.

I do agree with you that it is hard to negotiate beyond that point. I have went into some dealers who advertised approximately EP pricing on a vehicle without requiring EP. "Employee Pricing for everyone!", then when I say that I have a control number and what can they give me, its the same number. Needless to say I did not buy from those dealers.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I've had dealers offer cash or freebies to use dad's remaining "friends and family" discounts. Never took them up on the offer though. At least we would be aware of the two additional names listed under dad's C.I.D.
From what i read this Chrysler Employee was not aware of the use of their C.I.D. number for a total stranger's purchase. If questioned by Company theFCA employee could not defend it. But the real fraud was the salesman using the $500 cash-back offers for others and the FCA emplyee got hit for the taxes. That probably raised the red flag.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I am not aware of number 2 or 3... as a matter of fact I have no heard of either... and I've sold both friends and family. How do they work?
Employee Choice is the same discount as Employee Purchase and can be used by anybody you want to give it to. You get 1 per year. Friends and Family is a smaller discount for Family that does not meet the qualifications to use your Employee Discount

1 - 20 of 23 Posts