Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Literally none of those vehicles would work as a Dodge with the direction Dodge is trying to go. The DS vehcles would translate alright to Chrysler design, but once again they dont quite match the direction Chrysler is supposedly trying to go as DS is PSAs luxury brand. IMO there is not much in the current PSA lineup that would make a good fit for Dodge. Lots of choices for Chrysler though outside of DS.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Literally none of those vehicles would work as a Dodge with the direction Dodge is trying to go. The DS vehcles would translate alright to Chrysler design, but once again they dont quite match the direction Chrysler is supposedly trying to go as DS is PSAs luxury brand. IMO there is not much in the current PSA lineup that would make a good fit for Dodge. Lots of choices for Chrysler though outside of DS.
I am no insider but I can see their positions possibly changing again. Maybe Dodge becomes mainstream again with performance vehicles like before and Chrysler once again going upscale. Who knows until it happens.

·
Super Moderator
37,878 Posts
It is like whoever made that list:
a) Had no idea of what product segments are popular in the US.
b) Had no clue on brand definitions.
c) Had to do something to fill space.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,201 Posts
Atlantic, Meditterrenea, CUVs named after Oceans/Seas I kinda wouldn't mind that.
I would not want to write about the Meditterrenea (or register one at DMV/MVC)... Atlantic sounds good, Pacifica is there... Caspian, Hudson (Bay), Superior, I can see...who's gonna want to buy a Dead or a Red?

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
I would not want to write about the Meditterrenea (or register one at DMV/MVC)... Atlantic sounds good, Pacifica is there... Caspian, Hudson (Bay), Superior, I can see...who's gonna want to buy a Dead or a Red?
Tirreno, Adriatico, Ionica...:D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Count me in for a 508 sedan with a Dodge or Chrysler name plate. Maybe just maybe a DS-9. I find interesting the DS-9 is 1 inch longer than my beloved 2015 200 and the same width but with a 3" longer wheel base. The 508 has virtually the same ext. dimensions as the 200.

·
Registered
6 Posts
FCA ought to rethink this PSA tieup and buy control of Nissan. Build RAMs in Canton, MS then get successful SUV Qashqai/Rogue/X-Trail & mid-size sedan Altima for Dodge along with brand new Nissan Frontier mid-size pickup for RAM. PSA will "niquer" FCA, IMO.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler, 2018 Ram 2500
183 Posts
FCA ought to rethink this PSA tieup and buy control of Nissan. Build RAMs in Canton, MS then get successful SUV Qashqai/Rogue/X-Trail & mid-size sedan Altima for Dodge along with brand new Nissan Frontier mid-size pickup for RAM. PSA will "niquer" FCA, IMO.
FCA doesn't need Nissan's problems. The only thing we would want is the electric, self-driving tech and maybe the plant in Mississippi. Let them go bankrupt and Mitsubishi can pick up the pieces.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Literally none of those vehicles would work as a Dodge with the direction Dodge is trying to go...IMO there is not much in the current PSA lineup that would make a good fit for Dodge.
That's understood under current management. How that looks with Carlos Tavares at the helm is a question to be answered.

It is like whoever made that list:
a) Had no idea of what product segments are popular in the US.
b) Had no clue on brand definitions.
c) Had to do something to fill space.
Food for thought:
a) How is that different from FCA's management of C&D?
b) See a)
c) Inverse of what FCA has done with C&D

How does one pronounce "Mediterranea?"

Dead or Red? Sounds like something out of the 1950s.

·
Super Moderator
37,878 Posts
Food for thought:
a) How is that different from FCA's management of C&D?
b) See a)
c) Inverse of what FCA has done with C&D
True.

·
Super Moderator
6,989 Posts
Maybe they can name it X Æ A-12. Elon would appreciate that. :eek:

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Maybe they can name it X Æ A-12. Elon would appreciate that. :eek:
Well, if we were still DCX, we could call it the "Ecksääzwolf," which means absolutely nothing, but it LOOKS cool...because UMLAUTS! (Schweitzerdietsch Hegschtalemannisch double umlauts at that) :D

·
Super Moderator
6,989 Posts
Well, if we were still DCX, we could call it the "Ecksääzwolf," which means absolutely nothing, but it LOOKS cool...because UMLAUTS! (Schweitzerdietsch Hegschtalemannisch double umlauts at that) :D
And let’s make up random meanings for each letter of that nonsense word to justify our insane naming decision.

How to pronounce 'X Æ A-12,' the name Elon Musk tweeted he and Grimes gave their new baby (at https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-pronounce-x-ae-a-12-elon-musk-grimes-baby-name-2020-5 )

1 - 20 of 27 Posts