Allpar Forums banner

281 - 300 of 366 Posts

·
Administrator
35,238 Posts
So...

We could do just that and rebuild the Plymouth line by mostly renaming the Dodge line.

Plymouth Fury (sport lux sedan) = Charger
Plymouth Magnum (lux lrg suv) = Charger
Plymouth Satellite (family sedan or hatchback) = Charger
Plymouth Barracuda (suv mid) = Cherokee
Plymouth Duster (suv small) = Renegade
Plymouth GTX (durango replacement in all trims) = Durango
Plymouth GTX Pursuit (cops & fast & stable)= Durango

Bring Back The Rapid Transit System
Plymouth Road Runner (think charger at a low price point) - Charger
Plymouth Charger ( with all current trim levels) - Charger
Plymouth Challenger (with all current trim levels) - Charger
Plymouth Superbird (think challenger at a low price point) - Two door Charger
Plymouth Prowler (think fast) - Charger
Plymouth Pursuit (cops & fast) - Charger

Isn't this basically the plan for Giorgio?

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
So...

We could do just that and rebuild the Plymouth line by mostly renaming the Dodge line.

Plymouth Fury (sport lux sedan) = Charger
Plymouth Magnum (lux lrg suv) = Charger
Plymouth Satellite (family sedan or hatchback) = Charger
Plymouth Barracuda (suv mid) = Cherokee
Plymouth Duster (suv small) = Renegade
Plymouth GTX (durango replacement in all trims) = Durango
Plymouth GTX Pursuit (cops & fast & stable)= Durango

Bring Back The Rapid Transit System
Plymouth Road Runner (think charger at a low price point) - Charger
Plymouth Charger ( with all current trim levels) - Charger
Plymouth Challenger (with all current trim levels) - Charger
Plymouth Superbird (think challenger at a low price point) - Two door Charger
Plymouth Prowler (think fast) - Charger
Plymouth Pursuit (cops & fast) - Charger

Isn't this basically the plan for Giorgio?
You know; i was actually thinking about this this afternoon.. to bring back plymouth and let it replace chrysler instead, which they've decided is the low-rent bracket apparently. Might as well be accurate without tarnishing the hell out of the Chrysler brand.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
CHRYSLER 300 & DODGE CHARGER / CHALLENGER TO LIVE ON

Chrysler and Dodge get a shot to the arm. They will continue the Charger, Challenger, and 300 for at least three more years. No word on if a new generation is coming, but they did say new trims will be coming out. That means more variants of the already dated cars we have. But we will see if more info comes out in the coming days/weeks/months/years/decades/centuries. At least we still have some American sedan's to buy.

Detriot Free Press

"Unifor members have voted overwhelmingly (78%) in favor of a new three-year contract with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

The deal promises a $50 millionCAD investment at the Brampton Assembly Plant to extend the Chrysler 300 and build derivatives of the Dodge Charger and Challenger, and $14 million in investment at the Etobicoke Casting Plant in Toronto, which will see a 22% increase in the hourly workforce, the union said."

As said above, this isn't enough money for a new generation of a vehicle. So just the same old cars. So how does this change or not change your perspective on the future of Chrysler and Dodge?

(The Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Challenger will live on.)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

Chrysler and Dodge get a shot to the arm. They will continue the Charger, Challenger, and 300 for at least three more years. No word on if a new generation is coming, but they did say new trims will be coming out. That means more variants of the already dated cars we have. But we will see if more info comes out in the coming days/weeks/months/years/decades/centuries. At least we still have some American sedan's to buy.

Detriot Free Press

"Unifor members have voted overwhelmingly (78%) in favor of a new three-year contract with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

The deal promises a $50 millionCAD investment at the Brampton Assembly Plant to extend the Chrysler 300 and build derivatives of the Dodge Charger and Challenger, and $14 million in investment at the Etobicoke Casting Plant in Toronto, which will see a 22% increase in the hourly workforce, the union said."

As said above, this isn't enough money for a new generation of a vehicle. So just the same old cars. So how does this change or not change your perspective on the future of Chrysler and Dodge?
I suppose it's a big more complex than "just the same old cars." Just the fact they're saving the 300 speaks volumes. Derivatives sounds like something more than "trim levels." We shall see.

Reactions: AmbassadorSST

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I suppose it's a big more complex than "just the same old cars." Just the fact they're saving the 300 speaks volumes. Derivatives sounds like something more than "trim levels." We shall see.
Charger and Challenger Extra Wide Body, 300 Final Edition. :rolleyes:

OK, the 300 Final Edition is probably just a trim level with some decontenting and a heritage color. :(

·
Jeepaholic
5,571 Posts
Charger and Challenger Extra Wide Body, 300 Final Edition. :rolleyes:

OK, the 300 Final Edition is probably just a trim level with some decontenting and a heritage color. :(
Don't forget the stickers...there's got to be stickers too!! :p

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
You know; i was actually thinking about this this afternoon.. to bring back plymouth and let it replace chrysler instead, which they've decided is the low-rent bracket apparently. Might as well be accurate without tarnishing the hell out of the Chrysler brand.
Too late. Chrysler brand has been tarnished for almost 40 years now.

Plymouth?......A person would have to be 'of a certain age' to even remember Plymouth...and probably even older to have any positive affection attached to the name.

I'm old enough to remember Plymouth...and fondly. That means I'm definitely NOT the demographic the company's looking for.;)

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Too late. Chrysler brand has been tarnished for almost 40 years now.

Plymouth?......A person would have to be 'of a certain age' to even remember Plymouth...and probably even older to have any positive affection attached to the name.

I'm old enough to remember Plymouth...and fondly. That means I'm definitely NOT the demographic the company's looking for.;)
Sorry, I remember Plymouth pretty well and I'm in my 30s. My Plymouth isn't far behind. And why would your age exclude you from buying a car?

·
Registered
643 Posts
I think they are saving the 300 nameplate for an Electric/Semi Autonomous 300 sometime in the mid 2020's. Chrysler going full electric makes it viable in the future, gives it a reason to exist.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Hi guys, I'm back, there is a very interesting article written by Frank . B. Rhodes( great grandson of Walter. P chrysler) on the subject of this latest merger and its somewhat concerning, look it up on

Moparinsiders.com .

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
It may be opinion based article but it lacks facts especially when we dwell into politic side of thing.

First of all Chinese can't have Plan B. They are already irrelevant with less than 5% ownership in the new company. This means they will have no Board member. And even if they try to hijack it joint French-Italian forces will crush them. I.e. Peugeot and Agnelli families will also rise their stakes. Don't forget that this company is or will be solely run by 2 families according to their desires. This is similar as how Ferrari and Agnelli families run Ferrari.

And the part about France. Their government is not social democratic or any left center and specially nor left. It's centrist which is liberal in Europe. So left in civil rights and less social politics equal center in Europe and usually they are called just liberals. Of course some social rights in Europe are there by default.

I can disagree with some other parts but they are based on pure opinions. Still the fact is that factual part of this opinion based article is just wrong.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
It may be opinion based article but it lacks facts especially when we dwell into politic side of thing.

First of all Chinese can't have Plan B. They are already irrelevant with less than 5% ownership in the new company. This means they will have no Board member. And even if they try to hijack it joint French-Italian forces will crush them. I.e. Peugeot and Agnelli families will also rise their stakes. Don't forget that this company is or will be solely run by 2 families according to their desires. This is similar as how Ferrari and Agnelli families run Ferrari.

And the part about France. Their government is not social democratic or any left center and specially nor left. It's centrist which is liberal in Europe. So left in civil rights and less social politics equal center in Europe and usually they are called just liberals. Of course some social rights in Europe are there by default.

I can disagree with some other parts but they are based on pure opinions. Still the fact is that factual part of this opinion based article is just wrong.
I was just sharing the link since the poster who mentioned the article didn't give the link.

·
Administrator
35,238 Posts
I respect and like Frank Rhodes but ... right, Chinese involvement was contractually slashed in this deal, and France is no more leftist than any other part of Europe; indeed, Macron is considered to be center-right. Admittedly he believes in science, facts that are facts, education, objective reality, etc., but that's not politics in most of Europe.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
I honestly don't think the current regime has a clue as to what to do with Dodge or Chrysler. The old saying actions speak louder then words certainly applies here. After the van launch, it's been like the lights have been turned off in that part of the building that housed people working on anything dealing with Dodge or Chrysler. I thought the Unifor contract would answer the questions, boy was I wrong. I get a sick to my stomach feeling that the new Windsor product may well be badged as a Peugeot. That would really suck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think they are saving the 300 nameplate for an Electric/Semi Autonomous 300 sometime in the mid 2020's. Chrysler going full electric makes it viable in the future, gives it a reason to exist.
I don't see that happening. I think there would be interest in an electric Ram pickup, Grand Cherokee, and Wrangler, but not in Chrysler branded cars or crossovers.

·
Registered
523 Posts
In my parent’s driveway: 1998 Cirrus LXI, 2002 Sebring Limited convertible, 2008 Aspen for Fully Loaded, 2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn. The Ram replaced a fully loaded 2000 Dakota Quad. What is there to replace the Aspen Now? Nothing. No Chrysler Suv or Cuv in the mix. FCA has failed every buyer not interested in a Jeep. I like the Jeeps, but I don’t care to pay extra for hardware I will never use. My parents don’t care either. Give us a true Chrysler utility vehicle. It’s very simple. Chrysler has never been a low cost, below average brand. FCA should stop treating it like one.

·
Registered
108 Posts

Detriot Free Press

(The Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Challenger will live on.)
You coming up with your speculation lineup for Chrysler/Dodge?

281 - 300 of 366 Posts