Allpar Forums banner

361 - 366 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Maybe the FCA side can finally get out of the never-ending crisis mode and the less successful brands can flourish.
THIS is where my feelings have settled since around 2013, a time when I thought we'd get majorly refreshed midsized products for both DODGE AND CHRYSLER on the existing architectures. No one knows that you are a competitor, if your not even in the running/class.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Reminds me of a conversation my wife and I had a few months ago. She's ready to be out of a minivan and wants a CUV. She starts telling me about this CUV she saw that she wouldn't mind checking out. She said it looked like it said Pacifica on the back. I'm like, a Chrysler Pacifica is a minivan, a little more stylish than her Caravan, but still a minivan. Then I show her pictures. She tells me that it wasn't what I showed her. So, I break out a picture of the CUV Pacifica. That was it. I had to tell her it was discontinued without replacement several years ago. Now she has her eye on Buicks.
I remember looking at those Pacifica's when they first came out. But they were all fully loaded models that we could not afford. At the time Chrysler was pushing the fully loaded versions and not producing very many moderately opted versions.
The 2004s were all AWD & fully loaded.. Then they started making more packages. I believe they were designed through the Daimler merger days, hence sharing so much styling with the R350.. When they split up it was discontinued, I would have thought Daimler had something to do with its demise to avoid R Class competition. But once again, Chrysler chasing customers to other brands.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The 2004s were all AWD & fully loaded.. Then they started making more packages. I believe they were designed through the Daimler merger days, hence sharing so much styling with the R350.. When they split up it was discontinued, I would have thought Daimler had something to do with its demise to avoid R Class competition. But once again, Chrysler chasing customers to other brands.
I sorely wanted to buy the latest PACIFICA CUV(Daimler influences not withstanding). Just when all the issues were being addressed, it seemed, they pulled the plug on production. A buddy/co-worker had purchased a used Limited and loved it! A bump in wheelbase, drive train refinements, additional interior refinements, and exterior refresh akin to the last LHS would have sent it to the moon.

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
THIS is where my feelings have settled since around 2013, a time when I thought we'd get majorly refreshed midsized products for both DODGE AND CHRYSLER on the existing architectures. No one knows that you are a competitor, if your not even in the running/class.
Remember when they said Fiat was going to generate all the smaller platforms and Chrysler/Dodge was going to generate the larger ones.
All CDJR got out of that was the Renegade.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'd like to see Chrysler really rattle the markets like they did with : Sebring convertible, Viper, PC Cruiser. The old Chrysler would take chances and gamble on NEW break out vehicles. Where is that spirit today. Putting a 392 Hemi in a Wrangler is not a new vehicle rather a option engine up date to an existing vehicle. Bringing out a high mpg vehicle would help with the CAFE fines.

361 - 366 of 366 Posts