Allpar Forums banner

81 - 100 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
With this merger.... I wonder if Chrysler/Dodge will continue to work from Alfa/Fiat platforms or PSA platforms? Hmmmmm. Are PSA platforms sporty enough for Dodge? Plush enough for a Chrysler?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Chrysler and Dodge should make their own changeable platform that will fit American tastes and not have to rely on the scraps people give them from other brands that have no idea what American's like....

People here now even just accept Chrysler Corp gets the scraps and it makes me said. It's never Chrysler-Peugeot-Fiat. It's always Chrysler last... no more. At least not from me, a talking head on the internet.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Chrysler and Dodge should make their own changeable platform that will fit American tastes and not have to rely on the scraps people give them from other brands that have no idea what American's like....

People here now even just accept Chrysler Corp gets the scraps and it makes me said. It's never Chrysler-Peugeot-Fiat. It's always Chrysler last... no more. At least not from me, a talking head on the internet.
First, you seem to forget that there is no "Chrysler Corp." Chrysler Corp was killed by the Daimler merger, thanks to "Sell Out Bob" Eaton. There isn't even a "Chrysler Group" anymore, just FCA-US division. Second, you complain about getting scraps. Pacifica is on a variation of the Compact US Wide platform, itself a modification of the Fiat C-Evo platform first used on the Alfa Romeo Giulietta in 2010. If Pacifica is built on SCRAPS, then I'm all for us getting scraps, because those are some pretty darn good scraps, and much cheaper than a completely new platform. Speaking of scraps, I'll take the leftovers from Giorgio, too! If I can get scraps from the EMP2 from PSA, that'll be pretty awesome!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
First, you seem to forget that there is no "Chrysler Corp." Chrysler Corp was killed by the Daimler merger, thanks to "Sell Out Bob" Eaton. There isn't even a "Chrysler Group" anymore, just FCA-US division. Second, you complain about getting scraps. Pacifica is on a variation of the Compact US Wide platform, itself a modification of the Fiat C-Evo platform first used on the Alfa Romeo Giulietta in 2010. If Pacifica is built on SCRAPS, then I'm all for us getting scraps, because those are some pretty darn good scraps, and much cheaper than a completely new platform. Speaking of scraps, I'll take the leftovers from Giorgio, too! If I can get scraps from the EMP2 from PSA, that'll be pretty awesome!
Thanks for your response. Yes, some of those are fine scraps... five years ago. I understand Chrysler Corp is gone, that wasn't needed. But what you are stating is exactly the problem. We are just accepting Chrysler/Dodge won't be anything great again. That they just get what they are given. Enjoy accepting scraps and mediocrity but I and many others want something better for our beloved brands.

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
Speaking of Giorgio...wasn't that co-developed with Chrysler and Fiat engineers?
So wouldn't Dodge getting it's own version of Giorgio and the Giorgio based Jeep GC be the Americans getting their own designed chassis?
If the story delivered was true, input was from Dodge/Chrysler, Jeep, and Alfa for a "platform" suitable fr all three brands. But then came the story that Giorgio wasn't set up for v8s. So I'm not sure which, if either, story is true.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Speaking of Giorgio...wasn't that co-developed with Chrysler and Fiat engineers?
So wouldn't Dodge getting it's own version of Giorgio and the Giorgio based Jeep GC be the Americans getting their own designed chassis?
Yes, and some Lamborghini engineers and... A lot of people had worked and still work on Giorgio projects. Today skunkworks building is a Maserati R&D and all employees had officially worked for Maserati at the time when Giulia was developed.

·
Registered
958 Posts
So the new f&f movie trailer shows what may be a Hellcat Durango. We are supposedly getting a redeye charger. I don’t recall the the lifespan of the current Durango but two model years of redeye Charger seems right (replacement in 2023). Also gives enough time to give us an acr challenger. However I’ve heard rumors new challenger would be built alongside the current. Don’t know how that would work, unless they are vastly different and at a much different price point

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts
So the new f&f movie trailer shows what may be a Hellcat Durango. We are supposedly getting a redeye charger. I don’t recall the the lifespan of the current Durango but two model years of redeye Charger seems right (replacement in 2023). Also gives enough time to give us an acr challenger. However I’ve heard rumors new challenger would be built alongside the current. Don’t know how that would work, unless they are vastly different and at a much different price point
With the news that the Durango refresh would include eTorque engines and the 10.1" infotainment system from the next-generation Grand Cherokee, it can last a few more years. I assume the dash layout will also be getting updated to fit the new screen. I also can't imagine them using the current gauge cluster with the new screen, so that'll probably be new as well.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
So does Dodge or Chrysler even have a future at this point? Caravan and Journey are now gone...

That leaves three vehicles for Dodge.

Two for Chrysler.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does anyone know anything definite about future products beyond Grand Cherokee and Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
We‘ve known for a while that the Journey and Grand Caravan would be discontinued. They were ancient.
And yes the Caravan and Journey are/were ancient... but so is everything else in their lineup minus the Pacifica. It would have been nice if they instead of ending their production, made new models for them. The Caravan was still a top seller. People aren't buying Pacifca's and I haven't seen a single Voyager, not at three large different dealerships yet!

Does anyone know ANYTHING about NEW Dodge or Chrysler products?

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
And yes the Caravan and Journey are/were ancient... but so is everything else in their lineup minus the Pacifica. It would have been nice if they instead of ending their production, made new models for them. The Caravan was still a top seller. People aren't buying Pacifca's and I haven't seen a single Voyager, not at three large different dealerships yet!

Fleet selers.

Dodge needs more muscle cars, not Grand Caravans and Journeys.

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts
Fleet selers.

Yes. It’s like driving through a nice neighborhood then seeing two crappy houses in the middle of it, making the whole area look worse.

But the first product that should be added to the lineup is the midsize Giorgio Global crossover. Give it the GME T6 in the SRT version for around $50,000... yes please.

·
370,000 miles
1,336 Posts
Fleet selers.

I have been unhappy about this "Dodge as just muscle cars" direction from the beginning. It moves me out of their target market. I have owned 8 Dodge vehicles that I bought new - 3 Grand Caravans, 2 Neons, 1 Dart, and 2 Chargers (SXTs). None of these were muscle cars. Dodge doesn't seem to want me as a customer anymore, and with the declining sales and models it looks like I'm not the only one.

I love that Dodge has these muscle cars, and I wish it still had Viper. Cars like that provide excitement and shine to the brand - but I'm unconvinced that there are enough paying customers for those types of cars to carry it entirely.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

Yes, it’s not so much that they are ending the ancient Journey, it’s that they are not replacing it immediately in what is the currently hottest part of the market. It’s one thing to cancel two sedans because “sedans aren’t selling anymore”, but quite another to quit the most popular segment without a replacement.

81 - 100 of 366 Posts